• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Some ideas for feeling full

Jooles

I'm really struggling, I think I need another fill, had 2 already, now at 6.5ml but not really getting that full feeling, hopefully I'm having another fill in just over a week, but just feel so down as I can't stop eating, I suppose more frustration over not feeling full.. Any ideas of things that will fill me up?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm really struggling, I think I need another fill, had 2 already, now at 6.5ml but not really getting that full feeling, hopefully I'm having another fill in just over a week, but just feel so down as I can't stop eating, I suppose more frustration over not feeling full.. Any ideas of things that will fill me up?

Hello there

What kind of foods are u eating atm ??

I'm back on to normal foods now, salads which don't fill me at all, porridge & a banana for breakfast, trying to be as healthy as poss keeping away from carbs but need some to fill me... I'm eating chicken, meats etc... Trying not to eat unhealthy stuff, pasta hurts when it goes down, can't go near pastry or bread but salads & meats just aren't filling me :( feel so frustrated.

Thanks for some ideas, I'm not a fish person but might give the other the ideas a go, just need some things that I can feel give me restriction.. Feel like I'm losing a battle here at the mo, I'm hoping my next fill gives me a good restriction :)

Hi Jooles - I'm going through pretty much the same as you atm .... Saw provider on tues which was 4 weeks post op and had a 3ml fill, though I'd nailed it that night with restriction only to find out it was my green beans that were stuck !! As soon as they came up I was hungry again - in fact hungry doesn't even come close ! I wanted to raid every cupboard and scoff - which is worrying as I'm not a binger ... T of the M is approaching so most likely that but I defo need to get a handle on the right sort of foods - maybe if we have a scout round here there'll be some recipes etc. How long post op are you ? If you get any hints tips outside this thread will u let me know ??

Michelle xz

I know this is a boring answer but......your foods need to be textured, as much as possible. I can eat softer foods no problem and not feel any restriction but when I eat textured foods (as my dietition always bangs on about) I can feel it if you know what I mean!
Crispbreads, rivitas, crunchy veg, salad, ricecakes, snackajacks etc. I try to include something crunchy in every meal. It really works for me.
xx

Were you given a diet sheet, your provider should have some? My diet sheet says that our lunch and dinners should be made up of 1/2 protein and 1/2 veg, so I might have a salad for lunch containing cheese and cashew nuts in for the protein, and raw veg such as carrots, peppers, tomatoes. And then for dinner have a chicken, chickpea and chorizo bake (throw them in a dish, add a tin of tomatoes, stock cube, garlic and seasoning), this gives me great restriction.

Michelle, does your provider not advise you to stay on fluids/sloppies for a couple of days after a fill to allow the swelling to subside? After my last fill I got melted cheese stuck lol.

Hth x

Hi Sarah - no they said I could carry on as normal - I have no restriction at all since tues so am going to do a menu revamp for next week to see if that makes a difference - if not will make another fill appt as don't fancy waiting another 4 weeks .

Thanks x

Michelle I'm 9 weeks post op now with 2 fills, spoke to my dietician today , she said to eat more solid meats, pasta really fills me & gives me great restriction with only a baby bowl full but it's not healthy living on pasta, had salad for lunch with coronation chicken which really filled me up just most other stuff doesn't fill me at all. Yes will look for some good recipes but think it's back to basics, meat & veg, I have 6.5ml in now but think I need more, I'm hoping to get a fill next weekend, it's a lot longer process than I ever though it was going to be but everyone is different I suppose.. I've lost 2 stone 2 lb so far, think I thought it would just fall off me, hey ho!
Keep in touch
Julie x

Oh no!?

If you look in the 'stickies' bit at the top of the banders section you should find it x

Back