• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Inflammatory bowel disease and bipolar on wls?

nicnakmac

Hello sorry to do a second thread so soon I don't want to hog the board but I have so many questions. I have/had ulcerative colitis and had surgery 8 years ago. A subtotal colectomy. I had an illeostomy bag that was then turned to an illeo anal pouch 6 months later. I had a pulmonary embolism caused by surgery two weeks later. I have also had two c sections and my tubes tied. My bowel is under control the only meds I take are to slow my output down a bit. This is the next spanner in the works, I'm bipolar and also have severe anxiety diagnosis. I have a cpn I see monthly and a psychiatrist I never see any more since my meds have stabilised me very well and my anxiety is under control with my meds. My cpn has said he will write a supporting letter as he has documented proof how my weight has affected my mental health over the years. It's has been severe at times. I am worried that they will just dismiss me as a nightmare patient. Has any one else had success with these kind of issues behind them? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Back