• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Interview!!

d.brown3103

:eek:

i have an interview on Friday! i have not worked for over 7 yrs because i have been at home raising my kids. i really need this job! im scared because i have yet to be around anyone who hasn't know about my surgery! i have no idea what to tell these people or even how. so so nervous its coming round so quick i dont feel ready for it. i really like the job and i know i have to qualifications to do the job but i have lost all the self confidence i once had in the job world. been away from it for to long i think lol. i'm trying not to put pressure on myself and i have asked santa to please please let this be my only xmas pressie lol i just hope he got my message. this job would really change my life. it would mean i can get house/home life back under control as this last year it has been spiriling out of control. it would also mean i can afford to get back to the gym which i have been missing so much. it would also help as i desperately need new clothes lol and will be needing many more in the next yr lol. i have been feeling really out of sorts and a couple of times found myself in the kitchen looking for food!!! my old habit is harder to get rid of than i thought. at least i cant binge eat like i used to when things were hard. i really dont want to fall back into old habits but am really confused about what i should feel or do.

sorry for ranting but finding it hard to find people to talk to about this without causing worry or upset. thanks for letting me ramble on lol

im scared because i have yet to be around anyone who hasn't know about my surgery! i have no idea what to tell these people or even how.

Well, as you will be nearly a year post surgery when you start this job, these new people don't really need to know, do they?

I would suggest not saying anything until it becomes obvious or necessary, say, if you keep declining chocolates and cakes on birthdays and get asked why. (But even then you could say you are diabetic and avoid high sugar foods, or you just prefer to eat healthy and avoid junk.)

Once you have been there a few months and get to know people, you might feel like opening up to a few people.

Although I am usually one of the strongest advocates of "telling the whole world" and being open and honest, if I was meeting a *new* group of people a year *after* having the surgery I don't think it would immediately be something I felt I had to tell them.

(I have been very open and divulged all to my current friends and family and work colleagues so that they will know what to expect ..... but this is people who will see me go thru the early stages, and I might need them for support.)

P.S. Very best wishes with the job -- hope you get it !!

Firstly best wishes for the interview & I hope you get it. As to telling everyone unless it comes up as part of the interview don't say anything unless you want to, you're there for a job not to give your life story unless you choose to. Accept your new you & the chance to build something new for yourself along with your self worth & confidence. As jobs are tough to get these days may I suggest you view this despite its obvious importance as a rehearsal so you don't put to much stress & pressure on yourself incase it's not your lucky day however I am sure you will stand a great chance. Stand tall & proud this is the next step on the road to a new you new life. Good luck.

Best wishes hun..I hope you get what you want.
Take Care

Andy x

think every thing has been said what i would of said,
i just want to wish you good luck for your interview,
i am sure you will be fine. xxxxx

Last edited:
I so hope you get this Job hun, you have done so well and this will be the icing on the cake (pardon the pun)!!
i will keep my fingers crossed for you xxx

Good luck with the interview Denise, just be yourself and you'll be fine. As has been said unless there is a need for full medical disclosure (Which would be extremely unusual at an interview) you will not need to detail any medical history at this point. It could however be a great selling point that you have taken positive steps to improve your lifestyle and that health and fitness are very important to you. Good luck again xxx

Good luck in your interview.
I can't imagine this question arising! Like any other aspect of your medical history, you don't have to tell a soul, and as it will not impact on your ability to do a job it cannot be relevant to your employer.

Good Luck for Friday, honey :) I can't imagine why you would need to tell your colleagues, even if it was necessary to tell HR once you have the job. This is a fresh start & they will accept you as you are & admire your continuing weight loss via the DIET you are on. All the very best :):) xx

I had my tonsils out when I was 13 but I've never had to declare it when I've gone for a job. Unless it disables you in some way or stops you from carrying out the job description I can't see what it has to do with anything.

Good luck I really hope you get the job. I had 10 years off work bringing my kids up and it was scary but so refreshing to go back to work.

Love Kate x

Thanks everyone it has really helped reading all you wonderful replies. its friday and i have 3 hours left till the interview. i am going to try to eat just hope the butterflies dont mind sharing my tummy lol. i am feeling much more positive about everything now and i ready to make this change now.

thank you again for all your support i will post on here once i hear anything.

thank you so so much

x x x x x x x

Back