• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Introduce yourself here ..... Why cant i start a new thread :(

niic0l3

Hi I am new and need help with how to use this app. I went on the forums then went in to beginning your wls journey then went into introduce yourself here I then tried to start a new thread but the option to do it was not there. I come on to this app by my phone or my iPad and how I did this thread was by up in the right hand corner is a arrow I click on the arrow and some options come up one of them is to make a new thread however when I go on the introduce yourself I can't start a new thread. Dose any one else have this problem or know how to start a new thread is there a different way also when I go on most thread it don't let me comment however I have been able to do it on 2 thread but not any more. Also dose anyone no why I can't go on mine or anyone else profile sorry about been a pain it just am having a band done and am really scared and want to talk to other who has had it done before me.

Hi nic it's frustrating isn't it, u have to have posted 20 times to go on most things and then 50 for others although as u say u can't always post I found the best way round this is to keep playing the word games as they will bump up your posts, I'm only new on here myself so there is proberly someone on here with more knowledge who could advise u more I'm pretty hopeless at this stuff!,, good luck x

When I downloaded the app I would type responses to threads which would vanish when I submitted them, never to be seen again! I've found the website much less temperamental than the app - give it a try and see if you can then start your thread.

Hi nic it's frustrating isn't it, u have to have posted 20 times to go on most things and then 50 for others although as u say u can't always post I found the best way round this is to keep playing the word games as they will bump up your posts, I'm only new on here myself so there is proberly someone on here with more knowledge who could advise u more I'm pretty hopeless at this stuff!,, good luck x

Please don't advise newbies to game the system as accounts that use the word game to increase their posts up to 50 will have their accounts reset back to zero.

You know I understand the need for privacy and oriole to be checked out before they are accepted so to speak. I've been on here for two years and have Allways seen people told to play word games etc.
this is probably the most unfriendly welcome to a site.
Don't know what's going on today with admin but seems someone or some people have become power struck.

Hi I am new and need help with how to use this app. I went on the forums then went in to beginning your wls journey then went into introduce yourself here I then tried to start a new thread but the option to do it was not there. I come on to this app by my phone or my iPad and how I did this thread was by up in the right hand corner is a arrow I click on the arrow and some options come up one of them is to make a new thread however when I go on the introduce yourself I can't start a new thread. Dose any one else have this problem or know how to start a new thread is there a different way also when I go on most thread it don't let me comment however I have been able to do it on 2 thread but not any more. Also dose anyone no why I can't go on mine or anyone else profile sorry about been a pain it just am having a band done and am really scared and want to talk to other who has had it done before me.
Welcome niic0l3:welcome2:

When you register on this site you then are automatically sent an email which gives you instruction on how to validate your account then you can post on the forums.

I have validated your account for you so you can now start new threads and post on the forums.

If you have a read on the link below it will help you make your way around the forums.

http://www.wlsurgery.com/introduce-yourself-here/132758-making-your-way-around-wlsurgery-com.html

If you need any help be sure to ask:)

Hello and Welcome
Its a great site, you will enjoy reading the threads and you get so much information from the long termers too!!! :)

You know I understand the need for privacy and oriole to be checked out before they are accepted so to speak. I've been on here for two years and have Allways seen people told to play word games etc.
this is probably the most unfriendly welcome to a site.
Don't know what's going on today with admin but seems someone or some people have become power struck.

The above rules are mainly to do with keeping spam off the forums and to make sure that the members who join here are genuine.

Privileges on this site are progressive so the more you post the more you get.

Usually you can tell the intentions of a new members by the time they have posted 50 posts.

Genuine members don't have a problem getting to 50 posts:)

Our rules have evolved over time from our experience which to date have served our members well.

The above rules are mainly to do with keeping spam off the forums and to make sure that the members who join here are genuine.

Privileges on this site are progressive so the more you post the more you get.

Usually you can tell the intentions of a new members by the time they have posted 50 posts.

Genuine members don't have a problem getting to 50 posts:)

Our rules have evolved over time from our experience which to date have served our members well.

Fully understand that.
As I said previous I stand corrected

Please don't advise newbies to game the system as accounts that use the word game to increase their posts up to 50 will have their accounts reset back to zero.

Hi Sorry but did not realise that u could not play games to boost posts, I don't really understand why? Can someone explain please I'm confused!! :confused: or I'm I just thick I'm new on here so still learning rules x

Ok sorry iv just read what everyone's wrote so I understand now, sorry if I spoke out of turn seen as I'm new I should say nothing till I know what I can say I always put my foot in it haha x

Hi Sorry but did not realise that u could not play games to boost posts, I don't really understand why? Can someone explain please I'm confused!! :confused: or I'm I just thick I'm new on here so still learning rules x

Hi rainbow
No your not thick at all Hun.
People have Allways been encouraged to play games to increase posts. I think the problem is admin are a little wary incase they are non genuine people trying to join.

Hiya guy thank you for trying to help me I think I found out the problem I must of deleted the email send to me it really nice to have people who are willing to go out of there way to help u :)

Hi mini how do I go about get a new email sent out to me to validate my account I think I must of deleted it hopefully once I do that I can comment fingers crossed I have lots to ask getting my op on 17 nov :)

Last edited:
Hi mini how to I go about getting a new email send out to validate my account I must of delete the email I think as soon as I do that it would let me do a bit more on here fingers crossed :)

Back