• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is back! :)

cathykats

Hey all , as some of you may know I had a gastric sleeve done in Nov 2011 and at 6 weeks out I found out that I have a leak ( I'm now 11 weeks post op) I was taken into hospital on the 12th Jan where they did a repair with tissell glue that didn't work . I was sent home still feeling very sick I went back to hospital 4 days later where I have spent the last 2 & half weeks having Ct scans Gastrografin swallow test and many blood tests.
They told me that this type of leak will heal on it's own. If I'm honest with you I do feel better than I did when I first went to hospital but not 100%.
For now I'm on a soft food diet & anti-sickness tabs until I go for another Gastrografin swallow in 2 weeks time.
On the up side I have lost 4st and I'm finally in the 13's yay! I can't remember the last time I weighed so little and I can fit into my size 16 jeans :).

Thank you all for your messages and kind words!!

Love Cathy xxxxxxx

great to have you back Cathy :) fingers crossed all is well :) xxx

Lovely to hear from you again, glad you're doing a little better! Hope things continue to improve and well done on the weight loss - woo hoo x

Hey all , as some of you may know I had a gastric sleeve done in Nov 2011 and at 6 weeks out I found out that I have a leak ( I'm now 11 weeks post op) I was taken into hospital on the 12th Jan where they did a repair with tissell glue that didn't work . I was sent home still feeling very sick I went back to hospital 4 days later where I have spent the last 2 & half weeks having Ct scans Gastrografin swallow test and many blood tests.
They told me that this type of leak will heal on it's own. If I'm honest with you I do feel better than I did when I first went to hospital but not 100%.
For now I'm on a soft food diet & anti-sickness tabs until I go for another Gastrografin swallow in 2 weeks time.
On the up side I have lost 4st and I'm finally in the 13's yay! I can't remember the last time I weighed so little and I can fit into my size 16 jeans :).

Thank you all for your messages and kind words!!

Love Cathy xxxxxxx
Hi Cathy, Great to have you back. Hope things improve rapidly for you. Cheers,

Hi Hun glad ur bk n on the mend ;) congrats on the weight loss hope ur 100% better soon x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Glad you're feeling better! Could I just ask you, what were your symptoms that made you think/realize you had a leak? It would be good to know what to look out for.

Hi Ruth, I felt sick all the time, dizzy, weak, bad breath, a very sharp pain on the left side of my neck going into my shoulder down into my back , shivvers and high temp. pain in my chest when eating or drinking . xx

Back