• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does anyone know how a G.Band leak can be rectified?

Anita75

Hiya all,
I have a question and wondering if anyone here knows, and could let me have the answer pls.

had my 4th band fill today and i mentioned to the doctor that i was feeling more hungry now than i did when i had my 2nd fill... from his face i could tell this was not what he was expecting to hear. anyway, he said that he was going to take all the liquid out to see how much i had. i should have had 5.5mls, but he was only able to draw 3mls. i asked what this meant and he told me that either a) there wasnt enough pressure to draw all the liquid; or b) there is a leak.

when i asked what happens if there is a leak, he refused to go into it and just told me to go back in two weeks and that he'd try again.

i'm now terrified that i'm gonna put on those 4st 4lbs i've managed to lose - and i really dont wanna go back there!!!

does anyeone happen to know what happens if there is a leak? will i need another operation? has this been a waste of time?

Hiya all,
I have a question and wondering if anyone here knows, and could let me have the answer pls.

had my 4th band fill today and i mentioned to the doctor that i was feeling more hungry now than i did when i had my 2nd fill... from his face i could tell this was not what he was expecting to hear. anyway, he said that he was going to take all the liquid out to see how much i had. i should have had 5.5mls, but he was only able to draw 3mls. i asked what this meant and he told me that either a) there wasnt enough pressure to draw all the liquid; or b) there is a leak.

when i asked what happens if there is a leak, he refused to go into it and just told me to go back in two weeks and that he'd try again.

i'm now terrified that i'm gonna put on those 4st 4lbs i've managed to lose - and i really dont wanna go back there!!!

does anyeone happen to know what happens if there is a leak? will i need another operation? has this been a waste of time?

I have read that bands do continue to leak slowly, this is why a bandster will continue to have fills, but this sounds like its leaking far to much, i'm not expert on bands, but i think its a case of surgical revision to replace the band or the leaking tube (if it can be located) Crazy Liz had this problem with her first band and had to have that replace, expect she'll be along in a bit and explain this.

When I went for my 2nd fill they only got out 3.5ml when they had put 5ml in.When I asked about this he just said it happens sometimes and not to worry as it will have just evaporated. If anything major is going on like a rip/tear in the band then it would have to be replaced.
Hopefully 2bandliz will be here soon to explain as she had a problem with her 1st band and had to have another.Good luck but it is natural to lose some fluidxx

Hiya all,

some bands can naturally lose part of the fill over time and this is why bands sometimes need topped up and this is the reason why some people lose restriction quicker than others.

if it isnt lost through a normal way and is more extreme and is a leak then it depends where the leak is to how much needs replaced. which could be any thing from just a port or tube replacement to a full rebanding like i had. xray fill confirmed that my band was totally knackered.

try not to think it could be the worst such as a leak as many people experience fill loss, also if the person thats doing the fill misses the port hole with the needle and doesnt realise then this can be the answer to where part of the missing fill has gone.

let me know how you get on.

liz x

I have read that bands do continue to leak slowly, this is why a bandster will continue to have fills, but this sounds like its leaking far to much, i'm not expert on bands, but i think its a case of surgical revision to replace the band or the leaking tube (if it can be located) Crazy Liz had this problem with her first band and had to have that replace, expect she'll be along in a bit and explain this.

oi im not crazy, im just a little insane !!!

Thank you sooooo much for your replies, I cant tell you how much I appreciate this!!!

Will try not to think the worse... onwards and upwards!!

Will defo will you udpated.

X

Back