• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it normal to feel a bit sick when you first wake up?

In the early days for me,I felt sick and not wanting to eat practically all the time.
I had to get anti sickness medication from the doctors.
It will pass don't worry x

My hospital gave me 2 months of an antacid called fast-tab. They are really good. I take one in the morning and don't get sickness. My nurse says they are a little protective lining for my pouch :)

I got given then too but not been taking then till mid morning (when I remember) il start taking then when I wake up, thanks for the tip

Yes I felt sick a lot in the first year, the first 8 weeks I was prescribed anti sickness tablets that helped a lot. It gets better :)

In the early days for me,I felt sick and not wanting to eat practically all the time.
I had to get anti sickness medication from the doctors.
It will pass don't worry x

Just over three weeks post op and finding these tablets are not particularly working as still feel sick all the time. Living on small amounts of water and coffee. Starting to hate my sleeve and will arrange GP appointment and contact dietician after Christmas.

I was given some anti sickness tablets when I came out and from time to time have to take the odd one I think its a side effect or eating to fast but in a year would have taken about 12 so nothing major for me but if it continues would contact the nurse just to check good luck

I have had this problem since my bypass ... 13 weeks on it is starting to settle. Taking fast tabs as soon as wake up really does help. X

I have had this problem since my bypass ... 13 weeks on it is starting to settle. Taking fast tabs as soon as wake up really does help. X

The fast tabs make me feel sick, it's Really struggle to take them and dread each morning. I've only got one more month on them, thank god .

Back