• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who does it feel when you eat food

Jinjanut

Hi all,

I have spoken to some of you before about my problems with keeping food down. I wanted to know how it feels when you eat food - I am at week 9 or 10 and in hospital again for dehydration and mal nutrition. I had a small amount of soup yesterday and that stayed down. I just had a tiny bit a mashed potato and parsley sauce - this came back up. So I wanted to know when you eat food at my stage should it feel uncomfortable going down still? Also how do you ensure you get enough water. I can only take tiny sips if I drink any faster it makes me sick. So only managing 1litre a day. On good side the registrar here is very yummy! Xx

Sorry to hear ur not well :-( I'm pre op so carnt help with that but wanted to wish u well I'm sure someone will b along soon to give u some advice xx

I found if I eat and do anything else ie talk,read watch tv I get a stressed tum and the food wont go down well.so I sit at the table by myself and just eat!

Does it go down normal when you sit down and eat? Mine feels like it is stuck and slowly moving until it goes down or cones back up.

Mines always gone down normal jing, unless I eat too fast x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi Shel, how are you? Are you out of hospital yet?

So being referred back to my surgeon at last for tests and a solution hopefully!

Xx

So being referred back to my surgeon at last for tests and a solution hopefully!

Xx
'bout time! Glad you are seeing your surgeon as he is surely the best person to sort out what is going on. Do you know when you will see him yet?

Yep, back home, well at a friends house for help with the kids anyway. Doing ok, just waiting for an MRI to see if they have to repeat my spinal surgery as according to the surgeon he may have missed a bit!

Glad you're seeing the consultant finally, keep us updated x

Im 1 week post op and im still on the pureed stage. my food is going down fine, but yesterday i had half a tin of salmon and i but in some laughing cow lights and pureed it but it did'nt agree with me think it was still to lumpy. i take water with me everywhere i go so im always sipping. how are you with pureed fruit? and custard?

I was ok on low fat custard, but I am 10 weeks out so should be able to eat normal
food by now. The weird thing is I can eat some Qavers!

shelbell said:
Yep, back home, well at a friends house for help with the kids anyway. Doing ok, just waiting for an MRI to see if they have to repeat my spinal surgery as according to the surgeon he may have missed a bit!

Glad you're seeing the consultant finally, keep us updated x

Oh no! I hope they did not miss any. Hope you are feeling better! Still waiting to see what's what. Will chase them when a nurse comes by. Xxx

So I am still waiting in hospital to be referred back to MR El Hussani! I am a freelancers so have had to finish my current contact early. Have also been given some Fortijuice to eat. The only food I can keep down is Qavers!

Be careful of fortijuice, full of sugar, may well cause dumping, it's normally fortimel they give post-oppers. Check the labels x

Back