• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it safe to swim 2 weeks after op???

Butterfly38

Hi guys and gals, does anyone know If it's safe to swim after your op?? I'm two weeks post op today and do want to start swimming but not sure if it's ok or not, stomach is Still tender but scars are pretty much healed?? Any advice anyone???

Most teams say 6 weeks for swimming(I would not chance it even if they looked healed) and full on gym but I was told I could start exercising from 2 weeks by my nurse.

Not until healed at least 4-6wks post op. even then you may need to put waterproof plasters over them if planning a long swim. As scars are still new & likely to split for a while if you over do it when skins softened by the water.

I work at a leisure centre and i wouldnt because of all the germs in the water. Even though they put the chemical in the water there are still alot of germs x

I'm 4 and a 1/2 weeks post op, and been given the go ahead to go swimming. Wish me luck as I'm about to be dragged along by my best friend. I haven't swam for 8 years - well unless I count 2 years ago when I got pushed into the Caribbean after dark! I'm so nervous, but if it goes well I hope to get a swimming membership and go 3 times a week.

Hi guys and gals, does anyone know If it's safe to swim after your op?? I'm two weeks post op today and do want to start swimming but not sure if it's ok or not, stomach is Still tender but scars are pretty much healed?? Any advice anyone???

NO its not

Ok thanks for all your advice everyone, it's best to be safe than sorry so I'm going to leave it for now and carry on doing little walks !

Back