• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it safe for me to use a sunbed after my bypass

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all it is my son`s 18th birthday party in 2 weeks time and i have a gorgeous Grecian style dress and would luv to just have a tan for that day, i was wondering if it is safe or dangerous to use a sun bed after a bypass.
I know using a sunbed on a regular basis is not safe for anyone but i would just be using it for 2 weeks and def not any more.
I am now 4 months post op will it be ok or could it damage my bypass, for the first time in many years i am now able to sit on a sun lounger and get a bit of a tan but i have left it a bit 2 late, i dont want a spray tan as i shower twice a day and it wont stay on.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and sorry if it sounds a bit thick lol xx

Hi Roch ive been using a sunshower for a few months with no problems, hope this helps x

Thanks but what is a sun shower lol, i want to use one of those booths is that the same lol xx

Yeh its a booth lol didnt wanna lie on a sunbed in case i broke it lol x
:D:D:D:D u and me together hun, we started off around the same weight so i know how u feel, i bought a sun lounger today for the first time and sat on it for 10 mins in B&Q to make sure it can take my 19 stone weight.
Congrats on such a fab weight loss girl xx

:D:D:D:D u and me together hun, we started off around the same weight so i know how u feel, i bought a sun lounger today for the first time and sat on it for 10 mins in B&Q to make sure it can take my 19 stone weight.
Congrats on such a fab weight loss girl xx

Same to you hun xx couple of babes now aren't we lol

I use the sunbed a couple of times per week, didn't really think about it in terms of the bypass, can't see how it would be problematic and I've not had any problems.

Rx

Oh no here comes a busybody. I'm an holistic/beauty therapist and will now step up onto my soapbox. Sunbeds are not good for you at any point in your life. Although I don't "do" fake tan treatments in my salon (cause I am rubbish at doing it!!) if you find a really good person who applies them they look wonderful. However I will say that they are few and far between - I know that there is nothing worse than looking streaked or tango'd so I do sympathise. Climbs off soapbox and shuts mouth..................

Well i went once this mornin, said i wanted to use the booth, the guy said i would be better off on a normal sunbed as they are stronger, i said quietly " am worried i am 2 heavy for that" he just laughed and said no way will it be a prob.
He said as i am quite tanned already i can go for 10 mins, so off i went, all was good for the first 8 mins then my arse started burning so i got off.
Decided it was not for me and then a few hrs latwr went to get my tattoo done, half way through the tattoo i felt my bum and back burning and now am suffering big time with sunbed burn and in pain lol ( and not a happy bunny but like my new tattoo xx

Well i went once this mornin, said i wanted to use the booth, the guy said i would be better off on a normal sunbed as they are stronger, i said quietly " am worried i am 2 heavy for that" he just laughed and said no way will it be a prob.

This must have been music to your ears. xx

Sorry u burned ur bum xx

A burnt bum whatever next hee hee! I used to use them as i smoked then and thought well its a bit hypocritical to worry about health risks! However having stopped smoking 11 months ago its strictly spray tanning for me, i have to spend too much time on the sunbeds to go brown and do now worry bout the risks. You will look great on Aaron's big day xx

Back