• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Swimming post op

lolalou

Hi all, does anyone know when it is ok to go swimming again after our op? I know my paperwork says no strenuous activity for a month after but it doesnt mention swimming. Just wondering due to keeping the scars clean x

I went 2 weeks post op but my scars was 99% healed as long as it healed and not scabby u should be ok xx

Thanks. Four have healed great one is still a bit scabby. I wasn't planning on going for a couple of weeks but the hotel I'm going to in July has a gym and pool. Thought I'd try to speed up this weight loss :) x

I was advised by my team as soon as my clips were taken out & my wounds were fully healed I could go. For me that was around week 3 post op. I go 3 times a week now. Love it.

I used to love aqua fit. May take that back up afterwards. Will have to see. Definately waiting till my big scar looks better. It's been a bit dodgy this week. X

My team didn't say but I'm thinking once you scars are healed. My have finally lost the scabs so I'm planning on going next week. My pool does aqua fit, aqua dance, aqua muscle strengthening and aqua zumba. Very excited about it all. Have fun everyone :D

Wow that sounds good. Pretty sure I would drown on the Zumba because the one time I did Zumba out of the water was a disaster! No coordination! X

I was advised to wait six weeks. Your scars may seem healed but just think about all the nasties floating around in the pool :eek:

I would check with your team on this ;)

Maybe I'll just stick to gentle excersise in the gym. Hope the pool is skanky then I won't feel like I'm missing out :)

My doctor told me 4 weeks after surgery- something to do with your insides healing and that you do use stomach muscles when swimming.

Jcoco said:
My doctor told me 4 weeks after surgery- something to do with your insides healing and that you do use stomach muscles when swimming.

I didn't even think of my muscles. Because I feel pretty good for two weeks op, it was my scars I was worried about. That's a really good point. Will steer clear for a bit longer.
Thanks everyone

My adviser told me 6 weeks too.

Back