• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is there many people out there who ad op leeds nuffield

chris195

hello me again just checking if any of you went to leeds nuffield for your op,if so my wife stopping at the ibis hotel while im in,but i dont want her walking back and forward on her own,so if any one can help with local taxi firm phone number i would be very gratefull.im having simon dexter doing my op if any one no's of him.chris:jelous:

Hi Chris

Mr Dexter did my op but on NHS at St James in October. Very good surgeon, you'll be absolutely fine. When are you booked in?

As I live in Leeds and drive I'm afraid I don't have any info on the taxis but I'm sure Nuffield will have a list you can chose from.

Lynda

hi lynda thanks for your reply,im having op 7th jan hopefully as its been cancelled 3 times now,so 4th time lucky i hope.if you dont mind me asking how you finding it so far ? as it been harder than you thought ect.
chris

Hi
i had simon dexter for my band. he is very good and the whole experience at the nuffield was wonderful, i can fully recommend it

i live in leeds i can give you a taxi number, the best one is arrow 0113 2585888 or there is arrow 0113 2299458

good luck and if there is anything you want to know just give me a shout

sallie

Hi Chris

I had revision surgery - my old fashioned band (non-adjustable) of 12 years had gone wrong so the only option was to convert to a bypass. I had been suffering very badly for years with really horrid acid reflux and gastritis which thankfully disappeared the day of the op and hasn't be seen since.

It took me longer than I expected to get over the op as quite a lot of replumbing had to take place and I felt very sore for about 10 days.When I think things through 9 weeks later not being able to sleep on my side was the worst bit.

Not regreted the op one bit. I would say just don't expect to do too much too soon (what I kept trying to do). I live on my own and hated to ask my daughter to help out so I tried to shop and do the housework by myself - really stupid of me - probably set recovery back a bit by being stubbornly independant.

Fingers crossed you don't get cancelled again.
Are you NHS or private. Presumably NHS if they keep cancelling.

Any questions send me a pm and I'll see if I can help.

Lynda:character00148:

Hi chris my mate had her by pass done at the nuffield leeds, and she couldnt praise it enough.
Same as been said before take it really easy after as you do tire easily than you think good luck

I had my op there, and i often use city cabs when im in leeds, there is another, ill dig the number out :)

.x.

hello again lynda thanks for reply,yes im nhs 2cancelled no exscuse but 3rd time i was admitted even ad enerma done then they found i got chest in fection so could not go ahead.so let me go home at 9.30 at night but wife booked in ibis so we walked and found it not that far from nuffield by foot,but i dont fancy my wife walking alone at night that why ask about taxi,because when we was let out there was no one on reception,so we just ask people way and found hotel.chris195

well hi there,its happened again CANCELLED well posponed from 7th till 21st jan.do you think its telling me not to go ahead with op at all ??? chris195

when i had my op i had 4 different dates before they settled on one, its just a rollercoaster ride and it doesnt help when you dont know where you are!

yes i agree but worst thing is sorting out work hotel for wife ect all done for the 4th time,then changed again its just gets to much,on the second time it was cancelled could not get hotel deposit back, i no these things cant be helped but just gets u down,thanks for reply chris.ps i see u had mr akroyd my wife had him at thornbery sheffield for a band in feb 09 he nice man she happy with him.

hi, really sorry it has been cancelled again but trust me, it will be so worth it. I was under Mr Dexter at Leeds Nuffield in August. Lovely hospital, lovely staff and fantastic surgeon. Stick at it Chris. xxx

Back