• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this too much ?

happyhilary

My weight loss has stopped and I still have around 20lb to lose so I have joined the gym . I am so tired so maybe not eating enough . I have had 1 orange and two crackers and a yogurt this was for breakfast and mid morning after the workout . For lunch I have had 1 egg yoke and 70g of bacon . I am full but am thinking I have had too much . I am 17 months post bypass so what do you all think ?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Have you spoken to your team? Best do that but I think you aren't eating enough especially protein. Stick to the basic rules you were taught at the beginning of your op & see what happens. Don't forget muscle weighs more than fat so exercising may be laying down more muscle.

Thanks , I feel so sick now but I can't be . I thought the bacon would be good protein . The team are not very helpful to be honest as far as they are concerned I have lost more than the amount of weight they said I could and all my blood test come back ok. I was signed off 1st June as they were happy . I think I need to eat more foods to give me energy ?

I know I seem to bang on about them but I shifted my 'stall' with high protein shakes with a handful of mixed berries. I used PhD vanilla shake made up with skimmed milk & used as either a brekkie or lunch meal replacement. Worked for me. They are pretty expensive & I could only blend with an electric blender just the manual shaker didn't do the job.

U are welcome. Hope they help you. Amazon cheapest todate.

Is swop bacon for lower cal protein like fish or chicken, also this wilm reduce salt content that can cause water retention... Also veggies!!!

All fish makes me ill , I can have about a thumb size portion of chicken which I had with salade for tea . I mainly eat egg salade , prawns ( the only fish I can eat ) corned beef and gamon . I don't normally eat the amount of bacon that I did and I wish I hadn't as I felt so sick after !

Get some carbs in especially before gym,weetabix,shredded wheat or oats.Try nuts,pea nut butter,baked beans,scrambled egg and cottage cheese.Have you had a b12 you might need one.

Eggs are ok I normally have either a boiled egg it porridge for breakfast , have not tried weetabix but I do have some so will give them a go ! I like nuts and do eat them ok but I keep going back for more so I had to stop buying them ! My b12 was fine at last check and they have said I only need to get bloods done once a year . It seems we all get told different .
I had a banana before gym today and 1 slice of toast mid morning . Lunch was 2 crackers and slice of corned beef , diner was 1 boiled egg , 1 slice of corned beef and small green salade . I had an orange and a yogurt this evening .

Dare I ask whether this extra 20lbs is to take you to a set weight or "just" to a healthy BMI?
I'm nearly 16mths post op & like you signed off by hospital who are happy with my 93% excess weight loss from my heaviest. This has taken me to 11st 3lbs (according to their scales slightly heavier according to ww's scales) from 19st 3lbs, according to all the charts I have to get to 10st 10lbs for a healthy BMI and 10st 7lbs for the top end of a healthy weight range. I'm 5'4.5" tall sp my healthy weight range is between 8st 7lbs to 10st 7lbs I set myself a target of 9st 7lbs as a mid range level slowing me some flexibility while learning to maintain. However I feel that I may not get there without a struggle due to the excess skin I have, so am having to be realistic if I can for my own satisfaction get to 10st 7lbs so a healthy weight & bmi is realised.
I aim for 60-100g protein a day about 1000-1200 calories a day with a little more if I exercise & earn them but try not to use all the extra earnt calories. For me I think your not eating enough sometimes if we don't eat enough even with our limited diets our bodies hang on to it's reduced stores of fats etc, plus you risk losing muscle as our body attacks this to release the protein it needs to function. If you're having trouble with solids go back to the soft food stage & build yourself back up to solids, I use my fitness pal app/website to log my food & protein/calorie intake, it gives me a great guide & breakdown of what I'm eating so I can make a bigger effort on the days my food choices aren't good in a nutrition group, hope that helps you.
We have to be careful but not transfer our obsession of too much food for another about food in general & the scales etc, overrating etc is an obsession & we are all prone to developing replacement ones at any point post-op.

Good advice Penny,I think we become obsessed with acheiving perfection and sometimes its not meant to be.I have seen some people become far too slim.

I am 5.6 and when I was signed off my bmi was 29 and they were happy with that . I wear 12/14 clothes at the moment I am just over 13st . I am really not bothered if I get below 12 stone or not really as I don't have much loose skin and I think I look healthy enough but I feel that I should try to lose some more .

Back