• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's started -- hair loss

My hairs thinned alot with everything, Im now taking supplements in addition to my multivits. Hospital wrote me up for some Solvazinc (vile but got to be done) and some selenium granules (also vile, but not too bad with a dash of Ribena ;) )

Mine is coming out in clumps, hate brushing and washing my hair seeing it all come out but I will get over it lol, I was told to take zinc and sea kelp by the nurse been on it a week now so fingers crossed it will be effective xxxx

Hair Loss
My doctor has us drinking up to 60 grams of protein daily. But I hear more is better.
Hair is made of protein, so it should help.

I've just had my hair chopped off. It felt horrible and was really getting me down. I started taking selenium and zinc supplements on top of others a week ago.

I already have thinning hair due to underactive thyroid problems! What hope have I got to keeping what I have got left?!! It's more on the top than the back that it has gone very fine and thin. I use to have to have my hair thinned out when I was young as it was far too thick for some styles!

Another thing for me to worry about! :(

I am 6mths out and the hair loss is getting me down particulaly when I spot myself in a miror when out (shop spotlights really make it noticable) As I have always had thick hair I am really feeling it, everytime I wash it my hands are covered in hair. I am concentrating on protein but it does help to hear that it takes a while before it regrows as I was begining to wonder.

Mine used to be really thick busy (mixed race) hair, now it's really thinned out and my OH mentioned that he could see a few more bald spots, after he could speak again he suggested cutting it short, and I have to say I think it's time to cut my long locks off. It is quite scary seeing it come out in clumps every time I was it, doesn't help that my exercise of choice I swimming and therefore it needs to be washed everyday, (cannot find 100% waterproof cap) to get the chlorine out, which can't be doing it any good either. And this is the easy option ?????? I don't think so......

Yep hair loss is rubbish. I had a little paddy today as I got out of the shower and handfuls came out. No one else can see the difference yet but I am worried how much it will continue. I think I'm going to get some extra supplements too and try and help prevent it as much as possible :) x

This hasn't started for me - yet! As a precaution, I started using Tesco's Hair, Skin and Nails, as well as my daily multivitamin, just hope it works.

Back