• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've had my band!!!

LydiaJoy!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Well I've had a crazy two weeks! I had my college shows, which were mental as I was a hobo grandma who walked around with an asda trolley, singing! Haha. My last show was on the 29th and my operation date was the 30th!

I got to spire, Manchester for 7am and was waiting till about 11am. I was sooo nervous! I dont remember falling asleep, I just remember the man giving me some magiccccc drug that made me feel all tingly and laugh. I then woke up in the recovery room, had 10mg of morphine so I was fine! I heard adele playing in the background and they turned it up for me ;)

It was slightly worrying because the woman in the opposite bed was screaming! But hey, I was in recovery for about an hour then was taken back to my room...singing! Nature boy from Moulin Rouge and apparently I was in tune hahaha.

I started having a reaction to the anaesthetic and couldn't keep any water down. I had more pain relief and anti sickness drugs but no hope! By 9pm, I was back on a drip and pain relief.

After a night on the drip I was fine, just a little sore but doing well. I was discharged at 12pm on the 31st. So far I've lost just over a stone! I lost my appetite, liquids was horrible. My favourite low fat vanilla yoghurt i now find disgusting! I have my appetite back now! Although my head still wants to eat the world, my body doesnt :)!

Sorry it took so long to update you all, its been very strange getting back to normality! xxx

Awww Hello...and thanks for sharing...

Im due my surgery for a Gastric Band on the 17th April 2012.

Glad everything worked out in the end for you....Hows the discomfort now...can you feel the port at all?

Hi!

Congrats on your op an very well done on your weight loss so far!! Keep us updated on your progress x

No discomfort at all now! I havent checked to see if i can feel my port, I'm too scared lol but when my mum lies down, we can feel hers! xx

LydiaJoy! said:
No discomfort at all now! I havent checked to see if i can feel my port, I'm too scared lol but when my mum lies down, we can feel hers! xx

Hi Linda

How's it going. I had nine done on 31st back to work today. On purée now. Can eat cottagepie which is much better than boring liquid. Lost 17lbs in a week in two weeks but have stopped loosing at the mo. Think my body has gone in to starvation mode.

well done on your surgery and weightloss so far

drylaw said:
well done on your surgery and weightloss so far

Well 1st week I lost about 12lbs so with one week pre op diet I've lost 20lbs. I've lost nothing this last week I guess it all trying to sort it's self out.

Back