• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i've lost 16 stone.. advice? being reffered in few months.

PiiNK_PuNkStarr x

iM ON MY WaY!!..
i've lost 16 stone in total by fat controlled diet and exercise.. i started my journal with the help of a pescribed weightloss pill Xenical and went for monthly weigh ins with my doctor.

I have consistantly lost weight and not had any gains within two years, i can tell the doctors at my surgery are very happy with me and have said if i stay below the bmi 27 for the next few months they will refer me to the surgeon.

i live in colwyn bay north wales and im just wondering what happens after the referral.

i am 25 years old and have completly changed my life around.. i wouldnt mind the skin but the fact i want to train to be a fitness instructor means the skin will make it so difficult as it hangs from everywhere.. and when i exercise it slaps and bangs against the rest of my body.. causes heat/sweat related sore spots and when jumping the skin winds me because its so heavy...

i was just wondering if anyone had any advice on this , what happens after the referral and how long did you have to wait for decision/surgery ect .

thanks guys x

o wow!! can i just say you are bloody brilliant to lose 16 stone yourself!!!! you should be dam proud sweets! your looking brilliant!!!!!

i tried orlistat but i did not get on with them at all! so you ve done brilliantly to stick with them, you are so deserving of plastics and i truely hope you get the ops you want, after all the hard work you ve put in! im pre op so i cant answer your questions, but there was no way i could move over your post without giving a pat on the back

i wish you the very best on your way to becoming a ftness instructor, its all very well deserved xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Pink! Remember me from the Xenical forum?

You've done so well hun I really hope they give you the plastics you need.

my bloody god how fantastic have u done a big WELL DONE wish i could lose it by myself the most i lost was 6 stone only had 4 more to lose and ended putting it all bk on well done thats soooo great all the best for the future hun xxx

Can't help with your question but wanted to say wow! and congratulations! Such an inspiration! It must be fab to get your life back.

Wow, you look amazing. Well done. Cant help you with your question but Im sure someone will come along.

Thats amazing! A big well done to you, i give you a huge pat on the back and wish you all the luck in the world with your fitness instructor job xxx

Wow Piink thats fantastic! A big well done. I can tell you my story but I only had a tummy tuck.
My GP also saw me through the weight loss so of course they will know how much you have lost.
I spoke to her as I was losing the weight about the loose skin and she said once I had maintained (BMI under 26) for 6 months she would reffer me.
6 months later I went back and she put up a fantastic case for me noting down, weight loss, pregnancy, infections, problems physical and mental (that I hated my tummy,) how long I had kept off the weight and my BMI.
I heard from my PCT 3 weeks later that I had funding, saw the PS 4 weeks later and was put on his waiting list. About 15 weeks after that I had my TT. Im 6 weeks out now and its the best thing I did.
All PCTs are different and have different guide lines. I was told at the hospital I was lucky as some PCTs dont do cosmetic work at all. I would say that pregnancy plays a part in TTs and as far as I know if you havent finished your family then they wont look at funding. Its just a thought.
Wish you luck

Just to say wow - what an inspiration to others- hope you get your funding - it is a postcode lottery - let us know how you get on

Hugs
Gill

i've lost 16 stone in total by fat controlled diet and exercise.. i started my journal with the help of a pescribed weightloss pill Xenical and went for monthly weigh ins with my doctor.

I have consistantly lost weight and not had any gains within two years, i can tell the doctors at my surgery are very happy with me and have said if i stay below the bmi 27 for the next few months they will refer me to the surgeon.

i live in colwyn bay north wales and im just wondering what happens after the referral.

i am 25 years old and have completly changed my life around.. i wouldnt mind the skin but the fact i want to train to be a fitness instructor means the skin will make it so difficult as it hangs from everywhere.. and when i exercise it slaps and bangs against the rest of my body.. causes heat/sweat related sore spots and when jumping the skin winds me because its so heavy...

i was just wondering if anyone had any advice on this , what happens after the referral and how long did you have to wait for decision/surgery ect .

thanks guys x
Hi Pink, we spoke before on another site some time ago. Glad to see you are still doing well, great to see you on this site - Take care, Paul x

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
:winner: :winner: :bestwishes: :bestwishes: :party0011: :party0011: :bananalove:​

You have done fabulously Piinky, and should be so proud of your achievements!
Hope all your dreams come true and you get the surgery you want and the job that you wish for!

Love and Best Wishes Kat xx

Hope you are doing well and keep us posted of your progress... very well done.

Love and hugs xxx

Oh my! You've done so well. Like many others I didn't get on with orlistat but you're just amazing to have kept at it that long. Hope you get the surgery you're after xx

Piink has done AMAZINGLY!!

She posted today on FB that she is now a teeny 8st 4lbs!! And that was without trying to lose weight!!

Well done hun!! Xxxx

Back