• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

60% of excess weight lost in 4 months!!!

ejc1905

Six Month Post Op
Just wanted to pass on a good news story, for any doubters/worry worts/unsure/interested individuals out there.

Today I had a check up with the WLS Group & was astounded to find that I have now lost 60% (56lbs) of my excess body weight - I AM SOOOO HAPPY!!!!

I have gone from 18.2 on my op day on the 2nd September to 14.2 on 3rd January. Thats a size 24 to a size 18. I am completely dumbfounded. I only dreamed that this weight loss was possible.

Before I had the op, I said to my hubbie I would be happy at a size 16!!! Now, I am beginning to believe that I might be a size 12/14 - me, a size 14 - WOW :)

Other than the obvious reduction in clothes size (& following the advice of many of you on here, Ebay has become my bestest friend), I have also noticed bones in places I have never felt them before :p, particularly my hip bones, the bones that connect your shoulder to your neck & I suddenly have ribs instead of fat ;)

My wedding/engagement rings are too big & none of my shoes fit anymore but I don't care. I am soooo happy... its amazing :eek:

Its not all been easy, but by following the guidance of my surgeon, aftercare support and the other members on these boards, it has been possible. I chew, chew, chew everything that I eat, eat from a small plate, have the same size portions as my toddler & drink about 1.5-2 litres a day.

Because I had to borrow the money to have the op, fear has been a big motivator. I have to make this work, otherwise we will be in financial trouble. Of course, I still have the occasional 'emotional' chocolate bar, or "I'm starving packet of quick & easy crisps", but overall, I am just planning my food on a day by day basis - I always know what I am going to have for brekkie, lunch & dinner, the night before.

Fear of sagging skin also means I am doing more excercise than I have ever done. I use the Wii Fit (another piece of advice from these boards) at least 3 times a week & walk 5K around a lake every Sunday with my sis-in-law, which is great for gossiping!

The press would have you believe that bypasses are more successful than bands - but it really is down to each individual as many members of these boards will tell you.

I went for my initial consultation at the beginning of July & couln't make my mind up whether I should do it or not, until mid-August. Now, I am just so glad I took the plunge.

Anyways, just wanted to share the news - haven't been able to stop smiling all day!

ejc1905

congratulations you have done really well x

Wow that is amazing and very inspirational!!! Thanks for letting us all know hey I am actually believing this thing will work!!! Can I just ask how many band fills you have hadin the 4 months and how full your band is?? thanks and well done keep posting we need to know when the size 14 appears in your wardrobe. Well done you xx

Thank you all so much.

Wow that is amazing and very inspirational!!! Thanks for letting us all know hey I am actually believing this thing will work!!! Can I just ask how many band fills you have hadin the 4 months and how full your band is?? thanks and well done keep posting we need to know when the size 14 appears in your wardrobe. Well done you xx

My surgeon gave my 2mls during my op. I had a further 2mls during my first fill on 18 Oct & then another 1 mls on 1 Nov. So I have 5mls in total.

I went today & we agreed a further fill wasn't needed at the moment, but I do need to go back in 1 month, just to make sure that I don't need a top up then.

Wonderful, you are an inspiration to us all xx

That's fantastic, well done! You must be so proud of your achievement. It gives other banders like myself inspiration to stay motivated and continue to work at it. I'm 2 months post op, but my loss has started to slow down as I knew it would, but i'm determined to keep going and I hope my next fill will also give me another boost. I hope to be where you are in another few months time :) Well done.

Katie x

wow cant believe they filled it at the op I dont think mine did!!! I was told 6 weeks after once swelling had gone down. Oh I only get one free well in with the price the rest are £250 each time so hope I dont need many ha!!!

Congratulations! That is fab news and such amazing results.

Just want to say well done you!!! You must feel fantastic, no wonder you can't stop smiling xxxx

Hi
Just wanted to say that is just what I need to hear massive congratulations. Cant wait to join you.
enjoy it x

just been sent an appointment having my band fill on Monday arghhhh!!! frightened now ha!!

Last edited:
Fantastic weight loss well done for all your hard work.

Congratulations to you, you deserve to be happy. :D

Cuppa xx

well done thats fantastic!!!!.........i just keep reading this to remind myself it works im 5 1/2 weeks post op and struggling not eating anywhere near what i used to eat but not loosing any weight lost 10lb pre op and varies between 4-7 post op) and feel quite miserable :( xx

Please don't worry, losing with the band takes a lot of hard work and getting the fills really helps.
As a life long dieter, getting used to working with the band is the hard part. Trying so hard to wait after i have eaten a couple of hours to drink ,stopping when i get full,eating and chewing slowly are all alien concepts to me some times i do it 100%(usually when i am not rushed or pushed for time) this is a biggy for me.
Realize i have to change a lot of my thinking and life style choices if i want to lose this weight for ever...............
Lost a good amount but need a lot of will power.
Some great blogs about on here and other sites.
One girl has written a daily blog for over 12 months and it makes fabulous reading anbout her emotions and chocolate complusion which makes me cry at times as it could be me.
Get all the support you can Lots of luck in 2010 .
Mia

Back