• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ive my heart set on a sleeve

cherry

can you imagine if dr small says weeellll its a bypass.... :eek: mr balupuri said to me he didnt think a band was suitable...... omg :break_diet: ill be so distressed weds if its bypass only eeeeeeek :cry:ive just thought automatically ill get a sleeve, if im upset and adement for a sleeve will my opinion count xx

no idea but fingers crossed. whatever you get you have to work with x

thanks x

good luck kel and can i ask why u so determind u want the sleeve? not saying this is a wrong choice just wanted to lknow as ill have an appointment with the surgeon 8th nov and im wondering what he will say will suit me best a bands a no no i did wnt bypass but iv seen good sucess with the sleeve so i just dont know xx

hi laura i want the sleeve as its permamant, its kinda inbetween a band and bypass.... a nice middle ground so to speak... your absorb all your nutrients from food normally like you would without wls or with a band where as with a bypass you dont,,, i just feel 100% a sleeve is for me dam it, im getting a panic on xx

well u sure know ur stuff hun so im sure the surgeon will listen to u and u will get ur sleeve good luck hun and keep us updated xx
how much weight u got to lose? ive got over 10 stone so i think maybe a bypass for me???

well i was 21 stone at my second appointment... eeeek god thats disgusting!!! im now 18,13 so 9 stone !!!!

Hi Kelly,

I really think that your wishes are heard and it would be up to the surgeon to discuss reasons why this is not for you, it's not been indicated before and you are young... so I would not worry unduly... it's all going to work out for you and just add this anxiety to your list Angel, I am happy with a sleeve or bypass and have agreed with Mr Ammori that he will decide on the day... I'll know if it's one or the other (puts me in mind of a boy or girl...haha) when I wake up.

I also think that we do feel anxious before our appointments at the hospital and this is part of of it... so keep writing your list and at the end of it Kell, share it with us...

Relax precious... you are going to be fine and hubby is at your side on Wednesday, so that's so much better...

Loving hugs always precious xxx

why did he do that?.....

why did he do that?.....

Kelly1,

I don't want to stress you firther or make you any more anxious. It's crystal clear from your recent threads you are. I don't want to add to it. I went through exactly the same things you're going through back in February. I think the less input the better ... listen to your surgeon and go with their decision as they are the experts. Then work with what you're given .... I truly believe you'll be ok regardless.

:hug99:

thanks chick, tho im known for nurotic tendencies :) soooo id be ok if you say im just curious xx

hi kelly,

I wish you luck for when u see the surgeon,try not to worry(I know its hard) but the doctors know what will suit you best,and they will want you to be happy so Im sure you will get a sleeve youve done plenty of research about that operation so they will take all that into account..

good luck x

thanks chick, tho im known for nurotic tendencies :) soooo id be ok if you say im just curious xx

You're more than curious though lol. You'd get very very worried and stressed if I told you anything. That is why I want you to clear your mind and listen to your surgeon and go with his decision. I did exactly that ... and by jove I'm struggling with the band but I'll be damned if my hard earned cash is going to go in vain - I didn't qualify for my op on the NHS (my doc wouldn't even refer me lol) so I'm not prepared for my band and all the stress and pain I had with it in the beginning to be in vain. ;) Mr. Khan (the bypass king) said the band was for me so I went for it - I cancelled two op dates and scraped together the extra £2.5K for the sleeve or bypass, but he said go with the band (not going to go into why he came to his decision though lol ;)).

Kelly, just speak to the surgeon and tell him youve done all your research and in your opinion you think the sleeve will suit you, after that he will give you his opinion and if its different than your you jusy ask why. Im sure he will be prepared to discuss it with you. The only reason I think he wouldnt agree with you is if it wasnt medically good for you :D Chill hun.......you will be fine :D XX

I agree. They do do sleeves at SRH now, so i can't see any reason why he would be dead set against it. But if he is......listen to his advice Kelly.

Hi Kell,

It's not an unusual situation, I started with the same standpoint as you precious and a lot of people do... so it'll be fine, just a case of discussion and you will be given all of the answers you need, I found my surgeon would have talked all day if I had needed to hear more, they are very considerate and I do believe they take into account your wishes and thoughts in making the right decision... there are a lot of people with sleeves... so it's a probability and on Wednesday it will become a certainty and you will then know exactly where you are heading, I think you are ready for this and a good discussion.... keep writing your list and don't feel conscious no matter how long the list is... ask and ask again, even if it's the same question in a different way.... never be afraid to speak out... I'm awful for putting professionals on the spot... I have always done it and not just through my work, but because we should be questioning everything and particularly if we are not sure...

It's going to be fine precious...it really is xxx

I pushed for what I wanted. I went over the pros/cons of why it was right for me. Two surgeons wanted to do something else, but came around to my way of thinking. If they hadn't, I'd have waited & found someone else. I knew from my research it was the right thing for me & finally they agreed.

Back