• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

james cook

mrscinders

is james cook the same as sunderland like do you have funding once you have been to the seminar ?

Hi First time I have been on this forum. I have been to the Sunderland seminar way back in June and went to my initial diet appointment in January 12 where I was given a weight loss target. I have now been to see my GP to get moved to James Cook however I think the process starts again! Do you know if you can transfer? Many Thanks :)

yes you can transfer thats just what iv done and im getting opp in 3 months at james cook so good luck xx

how do you get a transfer - do you speak to your GP or Sunderland team?

hi you speak to your gp i was at sunderland myself but i live in middlesbrough so i asked to be transfered as it was nearer i know north tees (stockton) is very quick also but south tees (james cook) is very fast they give you your target weight on the night of the seminar and a week later the nurse rings asks how everything is going then 3 months you get weighed and if you have lost your target you go straight for opp probs few days later my gp transfered me within 2 week and i got a apointment within 3 weeks so all in all its going to be very quick good luck and keep checking your gp has sent transfer letter as i had to think i rang them twice good luck xx

god that is quick! I'm still facing the possibility of a second balloon in August before psych will agree to surgery (but I don't think he agrees with surgery) so I might not get it for another year at least. Still haven't got a check up date from Kim and I'm due back in early May. Its deffo something I'll give some thought to for August-time when 'BrunoNo1' is due out.

well done with your weight loss and good luck i thought id made the wrong choice about transfering as yes you have to start from scratch but it depends how far down the line you are and when all in all its going to take 4 months to get transfered and get appointment and also get opp yes its well worth it xx

hi

hi my names gemma and im from middlesbrough , im wanting the gastric bypass opporation , i went to my doctor and he took my bloods and i needed to fast, i need 2 wait until next week to see if my blood have all came bk fine and to see if he has refered me to james cook , im just wanting to know what your bmi has to be for the to defoo refer u ? mines 40.5 :( im 23 .... do u know what u do at this weight managment and how lng do u usually have to weight on the list to have opp ? also has anyone had the opp dine and how mucg weight have u lost ? please get bk to me as id like to know what id be going through ~:) thanks so mucb c

Hi gemma i have been transfered to.james cook from sunderland im from middlesbrough also average waiting time is 6 months from seminar i went to ny seminar in may my next appiuntment.is 31july nurse has told.me my op would be within 4wks after this date but some doctors dont realise james cook do bariatric surgery so if they send you to subderland were average.waiting.time is 18 months you.could go.bk.to ur docs and ask them to transfer you over to james cook good luck xx

Oh my bmi was 40 x

Also i never had to go to weight management i have.to go on xencial tablets for 3 months and if there hadent worked which they never i was then transfered x

I just wanted to say hi, I have been refered to mr dresner at james cook three weeks ago, just waiting for my first appointment , nice to know there are others from james cook here too , :)

Referal

Hi there I'm new to this site and live quite a way from James Cook but it was the one that I chose because I heard it has an excellent reputation. I have been referred, met the team at the seminar last year and given my weight loss. I have also had sleep test and given a CPAP machine that I didn't know I needed but tbh I love it because it helps me so much. Also seen psychologist but didn't lose my weight as had other things on my mind as my mother died. I have been back and was once again given loss to meet. I am happy to say that was 3 weeks ago now and I'm doing everything possible to meet it. I haven't had the chance to meet the surgeon yet so I'm worried weather I will get my surgery as not been told at all weather I can or not. My next appointment is middle of July and I am anxious to know what happens next will they tell me at this appointment if I can have it done? Has anyone ever been refused when targets have been met. No support in my area as I live 60 miles away. :confused:

Back