• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

have you had a follow up appointment yet?

no. i see dietitian next week but not recieved an appointment for surgeon. i called the team who said it was normal

Just cause someone says it's normal doesn't make the pain go away. Easier said than done but try remember it won't last forever. Hope you start to feel a little but better soon.

I've had a bad day today, hardly eaten anything today, but my weight loss has stopped in the last 2 weeks, I'm hoping that once I've been to the hospital next week they will give me the go ahead to start exercising and then it should kick start it again

Just realised I'm almost a month post op !!! I don't feel like I ever had surgery. I'm sure they removed band and forgot to perform the bypass!? Only difference is I can't be arsed with food anymore!!! I progressed onto regular textured food very quickly as used to living with a strangulating band. Sometimes I notice restriction from the pouch and sometimes not. My wounds healed in a matter of days but my tiredness and low energy took a little longer to pick up. I'm still lacking a bit but coping. Just wish the weightloss were a little quicker :-( How are all you Januaryers doing right now??

I'm the same no restriction no dumping very little weight loss :-(

Oh dear, everyone sounds a bit down in the dumps today and this horrid weather won't be helping - sending big hugs to you all. X

Quick question, is anyone else suffering from constant flatulance - it's driving me nuts. I gave myself such a sore stomach the other days at work because I was holding them in. Boy the drive home was wonderful but just as well no passengers as they might have died from fume inhalation :yuk:

Oh dear, everyone sounds a bit down in the dumps today and this horrid weather won't be helping - sending big hugs to you all. X

Quick question, is anyone else suffering from constant flatulance - it's driving me nuts. I gave myself such a sore stomach the other days at work because I was holding them in. Boy the drive home was wonderful but just as well no passengers as they might have died from fume inhalation :yuk:

I'm the same BUT only in the evenings???
Lol

I'm the same BUT only in the evenings???
Lol

Ooofff, I think my husband might divorce me shortly, even the kids are commenting and one of them is a stinky 7 yr old boy!!

oooh I wish matra, they are few and far between for me. I'm truly cheesed today. Had no loss for 2 weeks and im starting to disbelieve the op now, feeling thoroughly fed up :(

I had a half pound loss this week and was really disappointed as im only 3 weeks post op. Still struggling to eat 6 times a day. Hopefully we will all have a big loss next week.

Not really. I've been mildly constipated for a couple of weeks on & off (except when I had my blended prunes - yum!) & significantly less (almost none) trouser noises. Until yesterday, as officially not constipated (been 8 times in 24 hours!) & the amusing noises & less amusing smells are back with vengeance. It's like I'm making up for the last two weeks!

band fitted 16.01.14

oooh I wish matra, they are few and far between for me. I'm truly cheesed today. Had no loss for 2 weeks and im starting to disbelieve the op now, feeling thoroughly fed up :(

Oh dear Tina, I feel for you doll, there seems to be a big stall ATM for many of us January oppers. Maybe our bodies are needing us to eat more to allow to lose the weight but our new tummies won't let us. I'm sure it will happen.

Chin up love, run a nice hot bubble bath and have an early night. X

Not really. I've been mildly constipated for a couple of weeks on & off (except when I had my blended prunes - yum!) & significantly less (almost none) trouser noises. Until yesterday, as officially not constipated (been 8 times in 24 hours!) & the amusing noises & less amusing smells are back with vengeance. It's like I'm making up for the last two weeks!

band fitted 16.01.14

Good gawd, 8 times in 24 hours you'd be as well moving into the lavvie ;)

I'm managing to go every 4 days or so but never feel that I'm totally empty so I think this maybe where all the pumping comes from. :( I'll maybe have to try your prune juice!

Weighed myself today and I've lost 1 stone 8lb since my op on 8 January and 2 stone 8lb in total since start of my pre op diet on 26 December. Really pleased and can really feel the benefit already

Well done Corgi7 - brilliant loss :)

Hi all, I'm still only loosing slowly, nearly a stone post op ( weigh in day tomorrow) 6 weeks post op, but I put on in my 2nd week post op and feel that has slowed me up, and also been suffering with not going to the loo much , but not felt bunged up!!! Went on Sunday so took califig mon and tues night to try and keep me a bit regular - spent most of early hours on Wednesday on the loo......... Oh dear wasn't pleasant, and had awful tummy ache and felt sick, but since then felt fine- left off the califig since!!! Tried prune juice but thought it was vile, and couldn't drink it. are ally trying to increase my fluid intake to see if this helps with bowels and weight loss.

But on a positive I know my body shape is changing due to my clothes, and I went to a tap dancing lesson on Wednesday ( haven't worn tap shoes since I was about 9!!!!) and I really enjoyed myself!!! Must try and pull in some swimming next week - I think the exercise will help.

Anyway folks, chin up, onwards and downwards (weight wise)
Love sal xxx

Hi all, I'm still only loosing slowly, nearly a stone post op ( weigh in day tomorrow) 6 weeks post op, but I put on in my 2nd week post op and feel that has slowed me up, and also been suffering with not going to the loo much , but not felt bunged up!!! Went on Sunday so took califig mon and tues night to try and keep me a bit regular - spent most of early hours on Wednesday on the loo......... Oh dear wasn't pleasant, and had awful tummy ache and felt sick, but since then felt fine- left off the califig since!!! Tried prune juice but thought it was vile, and couldn't drink it. are ally trying to increase my fluid intake to see if this helps with bowels and weight loss. But on a positive I know my body shape is changing due to my clothes, and I went to a tap dancing lesson on Wednesday ( haven't worn tap shoes since I was about 9!!!!) and I really enjoyed myself!!! Must try and pull in some swimming next week - I think the exercise will help. Anyway folks, chin up, onwards and downwards (weight wise) Love sal xxx

I do love a bit if tap. Think I might have to see if there's a class near me!
Have you been watching 'big Ballet' ?
Beautiful dancers and so fit. It's inspiring me :)

Hi everyone I'm still losing very little too these last 2 weeks but just doing a comparison photo this morning, hair and make up not done but I was excited to show you all 1st one is pre-op day at 154.3kg on the 10/01/14 has my op 15/01/14 and then the 2nd is this morning 14/02/14 and I am 141.3kg so 13kg off on my 1st month I'm very happy although it's not much just lately the inches are defiantly melting away.... Keep the faith everyone were gonna get there xxx

image-3149963738.jpg

image-894729344.jpg

Hi everyone I'm still losing very little too these last 2 weeks but just doing a comparison photo this morning, hair and make up not done but I was excited to show you all 1st one is pre-op day at 154.3kg on the 10/01/14 has my op 15/01/14 and then the 2nd is this morning 14/02/14 and I am 141.3kg so 13kg off on my 1st month I'm very happy although it's not much just lately the inches are defiantly melting away.... Keep the faith everyone were gonna get there xxx

View attachment 11409

View attachment 11410

Looking fab hun :) well done xx

well done badger!

Back