• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just a few questions

vonnie38

Hi i'm a recent newbie on here.I know this may sound silly to some people but when losing 8,9,10 or so stone how does your weight stabilise?Also if having a bypass do they remove your gallbladder?:)

My hospital said they no longer put you through further trauma by routinely taking the gall bladder.Suppose if you suffer with it your team may take it.Your body will become stabalised naturally to a weight that is good for you.Anything less and your dietician will help.

Our surgeons at Manchester dont take your gallbladder wither.....if you are already diagnosed with gallstones they would consider it but not otherwise :D I second what Maz said about the body is supposed to stabilize itself otherwise you can get help from the dietician :D XX

You stop losing weight when you are eating enough cals. A lighter body uses less cals so you get to a healthier weight before the loss stops.

My team do not remove the gallbladder either.
x

I have gallstones, but my team decided they would not remove it as it would take me longer to recover and could mean more potential complications (I have other medical problems too). It seems to depend on the team.

Hi! I just had my bypass done 1/24/11 so I don't know about the weight, learned when I read the replys here :)
As for Gallbladder, I already had mine removed a few years before, but was told at the orintation they would remove it if needed while already in your belly. Also they would take a liver biopsy if they thought necessary. I am in CA in the USA, I'm not sure where you are.
Hope your doing well! Take care!
:)

The body mostly reaches a point where the weight loss stops naturally, as said above, but this isn't always your ideal weight. For some it's a few stone too heavy and for some like me you have to work to stop losing weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks everyone for your replies,you have put my mind at rest.no doubt there will be more questions.its comforting to know everyones experiences.thanks again.:)

Hi Vonnie i lost just over 13 and a half stone in about 54 weeks. I would say i lost the first 10 stone in 9 months the other took a little longer. I joined the gym as soon as i was able to I think it aided my weightloss..........I would say that it also aided my skin which although poor could have been much worse.
I didnt have my gall bladder out but it did start giving me trouble at about 10 months post op. So am now awaiting op xxx

I've lost over 13 stone - 10 in the first year and the rest in the second. I thought I'd never stop losing - but it suddenly levelled out - and I've put on about 4lb and levelled out there now.

My surgeon does remove the gall bladder at the op - because he says he always has to go back and do it later in DS patients - don't know about RNY

xxx

Back