• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A few question

babyseed

Hi guys im having my bypass on saturday and have a few questions i'm hoping you can help me with.

1- Am a little confused that you can have low fat custard on liquid diet as the sugar content seems high, love cutard but scared I will dump is this ok to have. Also wondering the same about berries in smoothies ?

2- Is it ok to have tablet sweetners on the milk diet ?

3- Is their a rough guideline to amount of sugar fat protein to have per 100g or should you just choose low fat healthy options. Am worried about getting caught out and dumping.

4- Im going away for a long weekend with the girls for my 30th in feb I havnt told any of them and dont intend to am I being unrealistic thinking I will be able to hide it ?

Thanks in advance i'm sure i'll think of some more questions x

Hi
I'm 11 weeks post op. I was told 5g per 100g fat or sugar max. Think yogurt you can go a little higher but I stay under.
In the first few weeks its trial and error on the dumping front, I stuck rigidly to the res, but about day 4 I had warm milk for breakfast ad I couldn't face anything and I dumped. Milk first thing died this to me, so I have tea now milk on anytime otherwise, strange. your provider should give you a post op diet sheet full of suggestions, if not I'm sure we can all offer some.
Good luck
Carol

Hi i can't help as i had DS but wanted to say good luck and i know you will have plenty of good helpful advise long before saturday x

Back