• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just a wee update .....

piratess

Just thought id update you .... :)

As most of you know i had a consultation in southampton to have surgery done privatly and was adviced a band would suit me better ...

I came away feeling hopeful but also completly stuck due to funds .. my OH doesnt agree with credit cards or loans hes 33 and only ever had one loan and that was for his car ....
So im feeling in limbo.

Last week i spoke to another organisation who do banding in Brussels and come highly recomended as there aftercare is aparently second to none.
and the price i was given was £4,990.

Im in the middle of working out my finances to see if i can save towards this surgery,
and i have to say i am completly stumped! .. out of my incomings each month i should have £500 left ... *great you may think*
only trouble is i dont have it ! .. i have no clue where it is going! If i could save this amount every month then i could save half and have my surgery before the years out .. OR pursuade my OH i can afford loan repayments ..

In the mean time ive decided to try and do SW at home to try and keep my weight in check (i am now 16.01) and was going to ask if i could join all you other dieters on your thread?

Many thanks for listening.
xxxxxxxx

We have a daily meal thread and also a weigh in on Saturdays... post your meals and we will be with you every day and support you, no one needs to ask we are always here for you. Good luck at Slimming World precious xxx

How about keeping all your receipts for the next month and writing down absolutely everything you spend money on. It should soon tell you where you're losing that £500. Personally I was amazed how much I can spend on food.

Sorry to hear ur stumped regarding the funds......Speaking as a laydee ur OH was fine when it was for something he needed ( the car) but he wont consider it when its for your health?????

Thats so true! ..on top of my shopping bill of £280 a month ive found im probably wasting £200 extra on night time trips to tesco for "milk" ... along with biscuits cakes etc! ... SO that stops NOW ...
Ill buy extra milk and freeze it! ..
Thankyou Bev .. Ill be joining that thread as from tomorow morning :)
xxx

Bev where is that thread please? I can't find it.

I know what you are all saying money seems to go nowhere these days... and without writing it down, you can't see where it goes... everything has gone expensive hasn't it...

Do hope you are able to save or could you get an interest free arrangement, I really don't know?

Good luck in any event and I'll see you for breakfast in the morning and we'll support each other on your diet.

Love and hugs Angel xxx

sorry Blue.. our posts must have crossed ya know what ... i found myself nodding at your post! ..
Thing is i know what he would say! ... he was single
~blah blah~
we didnt have a family etc etc he was still at home didnt have commitments! i can hear him saying it! ....

All the extra trips to the shops adds greatly plus you buy crap cos we are tempted.Have you thought of shopping online Bev and I swear by it.Just order all the good stuff!
Coffees at work,magazines,makeup,toiletries,books,dvds,candles,plugins,spray tans,sun beds,odd bottle of wine from the offy plus crisps and a big bag of M+Ms?All sound familiar!All wasted surgery future life money.Budget and have extra money transfered at the end of the month into a savings account.If you bank online transfer any odd tenner as the month goes on.It will soon build up.Pretend you are paying off a loan for wls anything to keep it going.Ask friends family and bf to give you cash to save instead of presents that wont mean as much to you as surgery would!Maz x

Good Luck Pirates, I hope you manage some way to get the money together. I would never have been able to manage it if I hadnt got NHS help. XX

Maz all I can say is wow! How true is that! when I'm in non diet mode I am usually in self destruct so I tend to eat rubbish! I think just as an example we spent probably £10 on diet coke! ... I have a pint a day and OH drinks the rest ....

I do shop online but get into the mindset of scrimping to save money but in the long run I'm spending an extra £200 on late night trips to the shop for extras!

As for other spends I'm
Stumped! I think probably a few quid here and there for the kids I don't buy clothes because i don't feel I "deserve" them. I am definatly going to address this!
Ya never know I may be able to afford this sooner than I think! XX

I'm sorry that you are struggling to raise the cash for your band. However, I agree with the others that if you keep a note of your spending, not only does it help to see where it's all going but all of a sudden you think twice when tempted to spend.

Buying on line is also brilliant. I live out in the sticks, so save on time and fuel by doing this and am less tempted.

Have you thought about keeping some UHT milk in for emegencies. Not to everyone's taste but better than popping into Tesco. How many times do we say to the checkout girl, "I only popped in for a couple of items" as we heave the overflowing basket onto the conveyor belt!!

Better make sure hubby isn't tempted to upgrade the car with all this extra money you'll be saving.......lol

Back