• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just a couple of Niggles........

piratess

Felt the need to share! cos it winds me up lol ....

My MIL knows ive been for a consultation anyway she was ok about it until thursday! she popped in for a cuppa, i happened to mention i was gonna save half and borrow half and she said

"oh dont do it ..... in one of my womans magazines last week a lady died, she was only young left young children, .... etc etc !" ..

Then my mum who also knows and i dont really think agrees with it but wont say ... said
"oh think about the holiday you could have if you saved that much"

:( makes me feel selfish ! ...

The other thing thats winding me up is that the company i mentioned last week (cheapy one) ....wont stop ringing me! ...
3 times a day they are ringing and im getting at least 2 emails aday.

:eek: sorry for offloading xx

You are not being selfish you are doing what you feel is best for you. I had the same reaction from my sister who is older than me and never been bigger than a size 14 she was realy against my op and told me if i had it done not to tell her so i think when she next sees me she will get a shock. I only wish i had done this sooner and not listened to others.

You are not being selfish, why shouldn't you do something to help yourself? Your family will also gain as you will be fitter in the long run.

Regarding the company phoning you all the time, you can block their email address for a start, and you could try telling them that you want their calls to stop otherwise you will report them. Not sure if there is someone you can report this type of thing to, perhaps someone else will know.

Other than that if they are really driving you mad you could ring your telephone provider and see if they can block the calls for you, again not sure if they will but it may be worth a try.

Aww bless... I'd put a stop to the Company calling you and give them a firm reply... 'no means no!'...

As for your MIL... I've had similar issues and I would never be deterred through other people... I decided to say nothing and just do what I felt I had to do for me.

Not looked back yet... since...

But for sure... one day... likewise with you precious... they will be looking back... at you... likewise with you Charm...

Take no notice and carry on!

Love and hugs xxx

I agree withthe above comments, you need to do what is important for you......its not a cosmetic proceedure but one thats important for your future health. Stick to your guns hun, its a form of bullying :D XX

Yeah you are being really selfish - how dare you even think about getting yourself fit and healthy and prolonging your life !!
I'm sure your family would rather have you overweight and unhappy and have a lovely holiday !!!!

(I'm kidding by the way - you go girl !!!!!)

;) oh dont worry im sticking to my guns! .. Ive opened my bank account and my first £70 has gone in :) .. i just wont tell anyone until i go ....

As much as i love my family aarrgghhhhhhhh

Angela that made me laff out loud lol ... oh it would be awful not to give me kids a lovely holiday wouldnt it ! ...
how dare i ;) xx

the thing is my mum is very overweight as is my sister and my grandma i thought out of everyone my mum would understand :(

no one really understands to be honest :) The thing is you will have done your research, asked questions etc over months. They just suddenly hear you want surgery and start flapping like headless chickens!!

You keep those guns firmly at your side and good luck x

I forgot to say before i have two grown up daughters both in there 30s the youngest is slim but my older daughter like me had a weight issue she had a bypass 10 days before me and is doing great.

Hmmm green eyed monster rearing it's ugly head possibly ??

Back