• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just an update

cheekybum

Hi guys, havent been on here for a little while due to having manic times at home. I have lost 37lbs since the pre op diet so quite pleased also had a pair of jeans i bought last year 2 sizes too small they are now on my ebay pile as they are too large! My OH was supposed to have his stent out yesterday, but had to cancel due to weather. he had to have it fitted after his sleeve due to the opening of his stomach started to close, the only thing he has been able to keep down is dry roasted peanuts and lolly pops, the hospital were fine about him eating peanuts as they are full of pprotein but he has lost 6 stone in just over 5 weeks. Apart from that everything is going hunky dory i do find that some days i can get food down, other days it doesnt sit at all well, does anybody else experience this?

Hi Cheekybum (sorry don`t know another name - you `ll have to give us one when you sign off your post)

Anyway Congratulations for doing so well with the pre-op as well as after surgery.

I think others have had problems with eating after surgery and will probably come on here and help you resolve it.

Have they given your husband another date to have his stent out, hope they don`t keep him waiting too long.

I guess its good having surgery around the same time as you both know what you`ve been through and can help and support each other. Your husband has lost a tremendous amount of weight and I hope he is able to try other foods so that he gets some good nutrition.

God Bless you both xx

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

Hi Cheekybum

It sounds like you're doing very well. It is still really very early days for you; so that is probably why you're toleration of food is so variable. What type of things are you eating?

Your hubby sounds like he's really going through it. How is he feeling, losing so much weight so fast? I would imagine he feels very weak?

I hope both of you begin to have a more normal recovery soon.
Hugs, Grace xxx

Hi,

Scrambled egg is ok i have that on a slice of toast and let it soak the bread so it is soggy, i eat lots of prawns and advocados, salad goes down lovely, we had stew with baked beans and a little mash that was good. Veg is not great either is chicken breasts but chicken thighs are, i have tried a little pork and a little beef and that was ok, just taking things in very small portions, as i said to you before grace, i cant tolerate puree at all so i just chew really well, pate on crisp bread are good aswell, and the odd muller lite yoghurt. I am also managing fluids alot better, hot ribena, earl grey tea and had 2 cups of weak coffee with evaporated milk for extra protein LOL XX

Well that sounds like an excellent and varied diet when you are relatively recently bypassed.
Have you got a slow clooker? I've found meat and chicken cooked slowly goes down better.
Grace xxx

Well done CB you are doing quite well and thanks for the update we do wonder where some of you go to.

Keep in touch and good luck for the future for both of you.

Hi CB,
Thanks for updating us on your proress:)
I'm only a few weeks ahead of you & find I can eat most things.....
as long as I remember to chew well & eat slooooooowly!

Hope OH gets sorted soon-give him my regards

HI CB ...
Wow to your loss and ..OMGosh to to the OH's loss...!!!!
I cant advise food wise,But didn't want to read and run...say hi to OH for me,and I hope this weather clears soon so he can get it sorted..xxx

Well done re weight loss so far. Hope that things will improve with your husbands health soon.

love

Rebirth

Back