• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update On My 1st Hospital App At Heartlands Hospital

Jezabelle

Quitting is NOT an option
Nearly 3 hours we were at the Hospital & cost £4 parking (info for fashionably_late)

1st I was weighed by one of the nurses and then had to wait to see the consultant which was not the Dr they said but his understudy.

He asked me heaps of questions and then asked me to see the Dietician. Had to wait again and then we was called in to see her. The Dr and Dietician ended having me in tears, but I can cry at anything these days as I am feeling so down about my weight. She couldnt tell me what I already know due to dieting and losing nearly 5 stone 7 years ago, but still had to listen to everything she said.

I had to wait around again to go back and see the doctor and he told me he wants me to lose 5% to 10% of my weight before he sends me to MR Super, which I think is around 1 - 2 stone!

They didn't really want to talk about Bypass and just kept saying Banding and this is what the dietician recommended to me also. I suppose I can talk about that more with him when I go back in 3-4 months time.

He never mentioned about me attending weight management clinic, he just told me that they are in the process of setting it up and I would have some info sent to me and that they may ask me to go and see them.

I also had my bloods taken while there.

So basically I have to shed 1 to 2 stone and go back and see him in 3 to 4 months.... I hope the time goes by quickly. :)

im on my way to having a bypass and i 2 had to loose 5% before they would do any more - i only had 9 weeks 2 do it in though... im still on the diet and im almost there in just over 2 weeks... i think this is the normal process. although with me they put me on the liver shrinking diet to lose the 5% . i go back in 2 weeks and will hopefully be given a date. good luck with loosing your 5%. x

Hi Jezabelle
I was told to loose weight too they put me on Xenical but to tell you the truth I don't think I`v lost anything , I`m just eating salads and I`v not had any side effect from the tablets . I know when I see then again they are going to go mad with me . Good luck with your weight loss hun I hope you can loose the weight . Take care .
Margaret xx

Goodluck with losing the weight, you'll be back to see them again before you know it x

Oh no. Now I am dreading my visit! I definitely want a bypass so I will definitely be pushing for that. I will emotionally prepare myself for the tears that I know they will bring on.

Kirsty are you at Heartlands also? x

im on my way to having a bypass and i 2 had to loose 5% before they would do any more - i only had 9 weeks 2 do it in though... im still on the diet and im almost there in just over 2 weeks... i think this is the normal process. although with me they put me on the liver shrinking diet to lose the 5% . i go back in 2 weeks and will hopefully be given a date. good luck with loosing your 5%. x

You might be lucky FL and they might just refer you straight to the surgeon. He did say it was procedure that all patients have to lose 5 to 10% of weight before they even pass on your details to the surgeon. Will wait and see what your out-come is on Monday.

I'm feeling pretty emotional right now, now that I have been to see them and that I know I have to wait and lose the weight. Luckily I started my diet today anyway as I had a feeling this was going to happen. I'm never lucky to get something I want straight away and have to fight for everything in my life.

Well I am on this diet now if it kills me and I am also taking Orislat as long as my gp keeps prescribing it, I think I will have to go and see him tomorrow just in case he takes me off them. I've been taking them on and off now for a year and the weight has still gone on.

Good luck for Monday FL xx

Oh no. Now I am dreading my visit! I definitely want a bypass so I will definitely be pushing for that. I will emotionally prepare myself for the tears that I know they will bring on.

no im at luton. i originally went for the lap band but im now having a bypass. as long as your funding has been agreed and u work with them in the beginning they will give u what u want. the doc told me that the decision is mine although he would recommend the band , so they do listen. just let them know what u want. i was on xenical also and i was on sw at the time of taking them and eating really well so i didnt have and side effects either, those tablets are defo designed for a high fat intake diet. good luck everyone xx

I don't get side effects with them either... though they do help me go to the loo as I suffer with constipation and they loosen me up enough to go (sorry if anyone is eating) So instead of only passing a stool once a week I manage to go once every morning with them.
I've just taken one with my chicken salad, not alot of fat in that though. All they asked me to do was try and cut out bread, I took in a menu sheet and I was honnest as can be on it and the dietician said I don't really eat a fat lot compared to other people. It's the bars of chocolate I eat 3 or 4 times a week or the sausage roll here and there that is my problem, I don't mean a normal size bar of choccie either.. Oops!

Back