• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just go on a diet.....

Mark01/05/2009

On my way................
I have read this statement alot on here and it winds me up every time I see it....

Firstly, whoever makes this statement is never big themselves, it is always said to someone bigger....

Next time someone says this to you... say to them...

"YOU JUST RUN A MARATHON THEN"

There is method behind my madness....

When I started my journey I had 12 stone to lose. Looking at that large amount to lose was so scarey. It seemed like a never ending amount and it seemed like it would take forever to do it (which without WLS I think it would have done)

Me looking at losing 12 stone is the same as a skinny person as running a marathon, yes it is possible, but how many people are going to be able to stick to the hard work and tough life needed to succeed?

Us not being able to lose the weight is the same as them not being able to run a marathon. They would surely approach it in the same way, by thinking "oh my god its way too far, its going to be too much hard work and im going to be unhappy doing it" This is how i saw dieting, hence why they never worked!

Yes a few people would be able to take up the challenge and run the marathon and yes a few people would be able to lose 12 stone and this is something i posed to someone when making this point to them, but i enforcised my decision to have WLS by saying "How do you think you would enjoy your life knowing you had to run a marathon every day, which is what I would have had to do if I had lost the weight, as the worry of it going straight back on would have been as hard as them running a marathon every day"

I then posed the question "After doing that for a while and constantly running the marathons, dont you think you would give up and the answer was YES"

People who have WLS dont fail and should not be looked down upon for not being able to run their marathon every day!

They should be applauded for deciding not to run a marathon every day but to change their life in a better way and run the marathon over years and years of being healthier and happier.

I hope people dont allow others to get them down with their comments, often they are made out of lack of understanding and ignorance.....

Keep smiling and losing lots everyone......

Mark

xxxxx

(I hope that didnt ramble too much and made some sense) :rolleyes:

Made a lot of sense Mark... it's a good argument to make.

And you're looking great already !

Rose

Very well put!

Or as i would say, i'll go on a diet for life when you stop being an arse for life... Same difference really lol xx

Looking good young man!

Very well put!
i'll go on a diet for life when you stop being an arse for life... Same difference really lol xx

:8855: :8855: :8855:

42 people have read this and only 3 comments - mmmmm strange.....

Those who think it can't be done should move out of the way of people doing it!!!

Great post thank you. x

Aye Mark - well said

It does make sense - its the same with giving up alcohol addictions, niccotine addiction (something I am trying to do myself) and any substance addictions - people who have not had to do it think its easy to do.

Good on ya hun x

I know darn well I could not have even made a dent in my extra 17stone without having the band. Having dieted since I was 13 and normal weight at the time I would say just going on a diet does nothing more than make the majority of us fat and obsessed with food and does untold damage to our metabolism etc that takes so much longer to fix after each diet we go on.
I still have 9 stone to lose and I have never been so careful with food and determined to exercise as I know the band won't work unless I do.
People love to have a dig because it takes attention away from their flaws...usually not fixable!

Spot on Mark-I'm gonna give a copy of your post to my GP-
She does not understand why I cannot diet (again) & does not want to support my application for funding-
in the last 3 years alone I have lost & regained (mostly on lipotrim) over 20 stones
-so yes I'm about as good at dieting as I am at running marathons but I physically can't run for more than the first 100 metres!!!!

Wonderful post! Thank you for giving me the ammunition I will need for the people who think I took the easy way out.

Excellent post Mark and oh so true!

Most people just don't have any empathy and have zero idea of how tough life can be sometimes. Still, with such narrow-minded people - why do we care what they say or think - they have zero life experience anyway!

Very well said :)

fab post Mark, and I agree. Well said hun x

Great post Mark, My dearest hubby said that to me just before I went in, think he was worried about the opp though. He has been very supportive since I came out, and as it's only close family who know I have had the opp, everyone else thinks I'm on a diet anyway lol.

Jeanx

Great post mark and its so true.
I wish people who dont understand the everyday fight when your overweight would keep their comments to themselves.

Back