• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just had first puree food today

ipeps

I had my first puree food to day, and I can't believe how small the portion is and how quickly it filed me up. I had one weetabix and milk this morning and tonight I made mash and beef stew, I blended the stew. I gave myself a small portion ( three desert spoons if mash and same again with the meat) and I could only eat it half of it. I stopped eating and started to feel full 30 minutes later. is this normal. And how long before I know if the food disagrees with my stomach. Thanks :)

Its the weirdest feeling isnt it ! I recall boiling 2 eggs thinking I could manage them as they were small but I had the first started the 2nd only had 1 bite of the 2nd one and lets just say it didnt stay in my belly long lesson learnt !

That's totally normal. The hospital told me around 2 dessert spoons but to be honest it made me worry I was eating too much when they said that. They tell you to eat until you feel full not uncomfortable full don't force down another mouthful its not worth it.

I can't comment on how long it takes if something doesn't agree with you because I've had so many problems. I have thrown up something once which was pretty much straight away less than 10 mins. I think its a case of you will know it didn't agree. You know your own body and it will soon tell you. :)

X

Thank you both for the advice, My stomach must have liked the food as I had no problems with the food. It is strange to eat blended food but better than liquids as I have more choices.

Hi..you will know very quickly if something isnt staying down...
I was fine during puree its once you move on and start experimenting. Good luck

Back