• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rotten Weekend...

Mrs Quiggle

I've had a horrid weekend food wise. Ate too much breakfast, had 3 cracker bread instead of 2 and suffered all through church yesterday with the foamies. Then at lunch time I had a very small jacket potato with some low fat grated cheese melted into it and it just didn't agree with me, but didn't tell me it didn't until after I'd eaten it. So more foamies and a b it of regurgitation. Then at dinner we had the family over after a carol concert and I had pureed beef stew which I had the other day while they had roast beef and I added the insides of a roast potato and some swede and I just think I ate too much as I felt awful and sick again. Then for supper I had some melba toast and pate chewed to liquid and that made me feel sick too.

I'm back on runny puree today and very little of it as I really don't want another day like that again. I'm still not losing and starting to feel a little bit down after the initial exhiliration of losing for the first couple of weeks. I'm exactly 3 weeks out now and I know I can't complain but wish it I could just lose 1lb so I know it's on the move again.

Sorry to moan.:wave_cry:

Love Kate x

Don't panic Kate, there's bound to be a few hiccups along the way as you introduce more foods, just take a step backwards and perhaps re-assess your speed of eating - that was what gave me issues early on, not the type of food. Just remember that your new tum is hardly producing any gastric juices so food isn't broken down the same way and needs a but of time to pass along!
The weight loss plateaus at about 3 weeks for a lot of people, apparently it's partly due to the body having realised it's not working in the old way and fighting to hang on to starvation mode, I had the same but eventhough the scales didn't move, I still saw it in my clothes getting baggier, it will shift again, I promise!! (I've hit another plateau at the mo too, very frustrating but I'm upping my water intake to boost it again) xxxx

snagglepuss said:
Don't panic Kate, there's bound to be a few hiccups along the way as you introduce more foods, just take a step backwards and perhaps re-assess your speed of eating - that was what gave me issues early on, not the type of food. Just remember that your new tum is hardly producing any gastric juices so food isn't broken down the same way and needs a but of time to pass along!
The weight loss plateaus at about 3 weeks for a lot of people, apparently it's partly due to the body having realised it's not working in the old way and fighting to hang on to starvation mode, I had the same but eventhough the scales didn't move, I still saw it in my clothes getting baggier, it will shift again, I promise!! (I've hit another plateau at the mo too, very frustrating but I'm upping my water intake to boost it again) xxxx

What a reassuring post. This has helped me also Snagglepuss (love your name by the way). Thank you :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I hope things improve for you. Like alot of people mention on here we are learning to eat all over again. I've just started on purée diet. Yesterday had wheetabix at breakfast no problems. Then tried a baby purée with very low fat and sugar content and this gave me horrendous abdo pains for hours. I was scared to try anything after that in case it happened again. But had some mash with gravy at tea time thankfully no problems.

Can anyone answer do will we always have these problems or do our stomachs adjust to let us eat different things. As some people say they can eat anything?

Hi Jay, in my case I took things very slowly and now I can manage all foods. I did have problems with chicken, tuna and beef feeling 'stuck' at first, but smaller mouthfuls chewed slower, and adding more gravy for moisture soon sorted that out. I definitely feel that my new stomach is changing as I progress, and that it is becoming more accepting of different foods ad textures every day. Good luck x

Thanks for that Snagglepuss I guess we have to keep trying new foods to see what our stomachs allows us to keep down.

I've had a horrid weekend food wise. Ate too much breakfast, had 3 cracker bread instead of 2 and suffered all through church yesterday with the foamies. Then at lunch time I had a very small jacket potato with some low fat grated cheese melted into it and it just didn't agree with me, but didn't tell me it didn't until after I'd eaten it. So more foamies and a b it of regurgitation. Then at dinner we had the family over after a carol concert and I had pureed beef stew which I had the other day while they had roast beef and I added the insides of a roast potato and some swede and I just think I ate too much as I felt awful and sick again. Then for supper I had some melba toast and pate chewed to liquid and that made me feel sick too.

I'm back on runny puree today and very little of it as I really don't want another day like that again. I'm still not losing and starting to feel a little bit down after the initial exhiliration of losing for the first couple of weeks. I'm exactly 3 weeks out now and I know I can't complain but wish it I could just lose 1lb so I know it's on the move again.

Love Kate x

HI hun, i think it may be too soon for the soft food stage... i would stick to the pureed for a bit longer... im on pureed until the 2nd then im on soft foods... so im gonna see how i am then.... although i am gonna try a crackerbread for lunch with pate xx

Kate, you are doing the right thing to step back a little bit. Your pouch is still very new and is learning to deal with what you are feeding it and they nearly all protest at some time!

Lots of people have a little stall at your stage but it does sort out.

I am just over 7 months post op and had loads of issues, but now I can eat anything (I don't dump)but only in small amounts. I have lost just 1lb short of 8 stones, and 75 lbs of that is since my op, so I am not losing as quickly as some.

I have decided to be patient, stick to the eating plan as best I can and know that the weight will come off.

You are doing great so don't get disheartened you will start to lose again. Check your measurements too as these can often show good losses when the scales remain stubbornly static!

Hi all, sorry you had bad day Kate. Our tums are new and very sensitive, i had awful few weeks with diorhea on foods that my tum could not get used to but now 8 weeks out it has got better, just takes time xxx

It takes weeks just to heal and the swelling go down so dont expect food pureed or not to go down easily!It took me to about 4/5 months to be able to eat properly without vomiting every now and then.This is a long term thing that gets better by the day,wait a few months and you wont know yourselves!.Maz x

Mrs Quiggle said:

Love Kate x

I think that must b the normal pattern I'm 4 weeks out and haven't lost anything for last 2 week until this morning when is lost 8 lb so hope it's started to come off again. In the 2 weeks I didn't lose I did lose size on my measurements still so not all bad! Hope it starts to fall off u soon ! Am xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I got on the scales today and I've dropped another Kg!! Looks like that plateau is over and I'm on the move again (I upped my water intake so maybe that sorted it!) Hurrah!! :)

Back