• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just started Pre Op Diet

Charlie Girl

Hi, im new to this and have just started my pre op diet...
finding it hard to say the least :sigh:.
Having my Gastric Band 19th Jan and I know that it will be worth it.
Is it me or does everyone constantly think of food whn they know they cant hav it!!:D

Yes, as soon as you're not allowed food, you start thinking about it constantly! lol I'm the same don't worry.

Welcome to the forum, it's a very welcoming and useful place.

Congrats on your band date, best of luck to you.

Thanks Jaxx... Its only day 3 and im wanting all th wrong foods already... Im not a great lover of water and have been told to drink 2 litres per day... Feel like im drowning in it!!!

Hi and congrats on your op date., right now food is all I think about and it is a love/hate thing. I think of the things I love but will have to say farewell to for a while, and I know I shall miss them. Other things I know I ate just because it was there, sheer greed, so I wont be sad to lose that habit. And I often tell myself that I have had more than my fair share of most foods, (I have the waistine to prove it)so it is definitely time to get some control.Good luck with your pre-op.

I started my healthy eating diet in November, and I was comfortable with it, but now I am on day 4 of my official pre-op diet, and it is hard, and you do feel hungry & tired, but you just need to remind yourself of the end result, and stick with it. you can do it.
My Bypass is on 14th January. :);)

Thanks guys for responding... I know its a small price to pay for a positive healthy future, but boy am i bored of the blandness!!!

Hello - I'm new to the site too and start my pre-op diet tomorrow. Gastric band op on 20th Jan. Was initially very excited about the whole thing and now am getting quite nervous. You will have to keep me posted on how you are getting on.

Good luck and remember it's only 2 weeks...and then you have different things to worry about!

Hi there.

Great news that you've got your date...wow - just realised it's tomorrow! I hope it all goes well.

I've just got onto the pre-op list and my op should be in about 3 weeks. Will be starting liver shrinkage in a week or so.

Good luck with everything. I look forward to reading more about the op and your recovery.

Lisa :)

Good luck with your Op, everything will be fine. the pre-op diet seems harsh, but it is all very worth it. xx

Good luck with your operation, speedy recovery xx

i just got funding so thats nexted for me : )

Back