• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

L&D Surgeon

purrdreamz

Hi Everyone has anyone had the surgeon mr Date at the L&D, i have been told that he is doing my op i have a appointment to see him on the 8th March, at last after a wasted journey to L&D yesterday.

Sorry i'v not heard of him , but just wanted to say good luck with your appointment , let us know how it goes .

Mr Date did my gastric bypass on the 28th of January this year. The anaethesiologist was Dr Lang.

Mr Date is a wonderful man. Very softly spoken and gentle. I am 3 weeks post op now. Although I did have a few dodgy days, which you will have after a major operation like that. I am well on the way to my goal, having lost just over 5 stones so far. 1 and a half stones post surgery.

Dr. Date is the latest surgeon on the L&D bariatric team. He has been operating there since July of last year. There is also Mr. Whitelaw and Mr. Jain who is the lead. I have met Mr. Whitelaw who I found to be a very nice man. I haven't met Mr Jain personally we have corresponded by letter, he was very helpful towards me when I was trying to secure my funding for my gastric by-pass surgery.

i was with l&d but my doctor was mr jain although ive met all 3! they are all lovely.. youll be in good hands there. :) good luck xx

Mr Date (pronounced dart-ay) has just done my gastric sleeve (16th). he is a very gentle and soft spoken (as already been said) and i don't think he ever goes home.
he's been operating in the uk since july, befor then was operating in holland (or somwhere round there). the point is he is new to the NHS but not new to the surgery.
will post my story a bit later. sue.

I know exactly what you mean by 'doesn't go home'. He was there at 9am, still there at 9pm. And on the Saturday, when he wasn't operating, he came to see me in the morning, and he was still there in the evening. He is very consciencious about his work.

thanks for this info on Dr Datac his doing my op on Thursday

Linda

Back