• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Appoitment at Luton and Dunstable Tomorrow

I don't know whether I am excited or terrified.
I have my first appointment tomorrow after completing the Tier 3 program.
Has anyone else recently attended their first Appoitment at L&D?

Hello I was there today but only starting tier three I found the room a lot smaller than expected parking was a nightmare but the staff were lovely and it was easy to find I was a nervous wreck but honestly they are really nice x

All the best to both of you

Well just returned from my first appointment.

The staff were all very friendly and supportive.

The nurse takes blood, pulse, blood pressure and weight of course. She ask a few questions to assess whether a sleep apnea test is required. You complete a questionnaire to access if you are suffering from depression.

Nurse ask you to keep a food diary. You then get sent to cardiology for an ECG, if you are over 50 you also have to have a heart ECO done too.

Next you see the Obesity GP. He asks you about your medical history and close families medical history. Ask what medication you are on and what weight loss programs you have taken part in.

Then told if he thinks you are suitable for WLS and you have to wait for an appointment with the MDT.

How long have other people had to wait for their MDT assessment at L&D?

Last edited:
Wow thank you I always wondered what would happen next I've got a year to go but find it very interesting x

Hi Foxy789, So what happened at your first Tier 3 meeting?
Well went well had a chat through history they think I have sleep apnea so just been referred there got some work books to go through and a food diary too then blood tests was all positive saying we go through this then you go through to speak to surgeon, still have to do 12 months tho ? but I'm sure it will go fast x

Back