• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lack of interest in food

Clairey1975

Hi folks, I am just over four weeks post bypass and have a complete lack of interest in food! Is this normal? I am ok with breakfast, weetabix or porridge etc, yogurts appeal and so does soup. I have lentil soup, 3 bean soup, any kind of soup really but am struggling to enjoy anything else now that's mashed or soft. I dish myself up stuff and can't stomach it! Anyone have any ideas?! I've had a few bad experiences which I guess has been the wrong consistency and hurt but just don't know what to try now?!
Thanks in advance
Claire x

hi Claire, I too hit that wall after about 3-4 weeks. I couldn't even look at food that was pureed without feeling sick! when I was 4 weeks I went onto soft food stage, but to be honest, I just started to slowly sample anything (low fat, low sugar) like toast, rice pasta etc a little at a time, and found I can eat most things. still in ultra small quantities tho. little pots of fresh fruit/ melon/ mango gets me through the day, with ryvita and cott cheese with ham or tomatoes for lunch goes down well. salad stuff is a nice change too. can't face yogs anymore. I dont really enjoy my food any more and that takes a little getting used to, but I'm sure I can live with that... as long as the scales show the results :) xx

Its normal,tempt yourself with tasty treats.Quality foods in small portions wont cost much now!I treat myself to fresh salmon and rib eye steak!So tender and tasty,and Im worth it!

Ahh thank you! Least I know I'm "normal" whatever that is these days! I totally forgot about cottage cheese and i do like salmon so worth a go! I just can't seem to get any interest in thinking about what to eat, it got to 10pm the other night before I realised I'd not eaten anything! Oops.

Thanks again for the tips...
Claire x

Back