• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 days post op - food help needed please.

daisylou

Hi, I had a gastric sleeve on 19/12/12 and whilst I think I'm doing ok I'm struggling to eat anything other than tomato soup and yoghurt. I have tried lentil soup, broccoli soup and mashed potato and sorbet. I had no problem eating any of them, in fact they tasted great but I ended up on the toilet a while after each of these and the experience wasn't nice! Sorry if that's too much info. Is this normal? Should I stick to the tomato soup and yogurts only for a while?

hi daisylou i havent actually been sleeved yet but from reading other peoples posts in the sleevers section you may need a little longer to recover so I would stick to what doesnt upset your stomach for another week and gradually bring in new things to your diet. Good Luck. xx

You are so early post op you shouldn't be worrying. Just stick to what you can tolerate and focus in getting your water in. I lived on cuppa soups and had about half of them if that! You could try slim fast too, I had 1/2 portion for breakfast x

Oh I just noticed something, aren't you meant to be on a liquid diet? I was for 2 weeks which meant no lumps so no mash potato and sieve your soups.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I was given soup and sorbet while I was in hospital and my weight loss nurse suggested I try mashed potato. I'm going to go back to yoghurt and tomato soup tomorrow and see if that solves my toilet issues.

Hi quick question they say you can tolorate 2 ounces of liquid at anyone time but Im able to drink a whole cup of low fat hot chocolate but it does take like a good hal hour?

Back