• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op eating - Help!!!

Kazzie 1

:mad:Hi , I am almost 6 weeks post op and experiencing such problems with food. My weetabix is fine, soup is fine, yoghurt and blitzed fruit is fine, but when I try to eat something a little more thicker consistency I really am struggling! I dont know if I'm trying to eat too much or too quickly!? Has anyone else experienced these problems?
I've tried mashed potatoe and stewed steak blitzed, quorn cottage pie blitzed, fish and parsley boil in the bag blitzed, but the worst was 1 scrambled egg yesterday - I was in agony all afternoon and it took all afternoon for it to remove itself from me (sorry folks).
Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Kazzie it states in my book that if you are experiencing difficulties with any food type when moving on to mulsh or solids, too leave it for a few days then try again. If you are experiencing this many problems at 6 weeks I would strongly advise getting in touch with your aftercare team.

Kazzie it states in my book that if you are experiencing difficulties with any food type when moving on to mulsh or solids, too leave it for a few days then try again. If you are experiencing this many problems at 6 weeks I would strongly advise getting in touch with your aftercare team.

All this is great advice. And getting in touch with the hospital is the best thing if you are worried or having problems. Another idea is to eat with a teaspoon and just eat very small amounts. x x

I am 5 weeks post op and having exactly the same problems. I have gone back onto puree for a few days, everything I have tried makes me ill, even yogurt ( yet the few prawn crackers that I treated myself to on my birthday and a couple of squares of chocolate had absolutely no ill effects!!!!)
I think it is just trial and error, you are not alone! Pauline

Thank you all so much, I have taken meat out today and just had mashed potatoe and blitzed veg with plenty of gravy. I have eaten it in stages just 5 teaspoons at each 'sitting' and fingers crossed it seems to be fine.
This site is great for advice from people in the same boat, thank you.

Good luck hun!! xx

Back