• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lactose intolerant?

juliagulia

I have become lactose intolerant after surgery. They said it can go away... It makes stage one and two very difficult. Has anyone else gone thru this? If so how long did it last?

I was like this in the first few weeks after surgery. So much of my diet came from milk products and it made me sweaty and gave me an upset stomach. Once I'd started to introduce other foods it went away quite quickly. Also I switched to lactose free milk for about half of my intake. I'm about 4 months post surgery now and can't remember when exactly it stopped but it hasn't been for ages. I cut down on yoghurts and milky coffees and replaced them with soups.

sorry, i have been ok with milk. Have you tried soy milk? See if you can speak to dietician for advice on what else you can have instead. I hope you get sorted soon. x

I'm lactose intolerant and really recommend the Lactofree range - they do semi-skimmed milk in regular and long-life cartons, and in little long-life portion sachets if you need to use them while out and about. They also do lactose-free yogurts and cheese but they're not low-fat (as far as I know) so I don't use them.
Also, goat's milk is good to use - lactose is only found in cow's milk so anything other than that won't have lactose in. I do use soy milk sometimes, but I find the tatste can be a bit odd so it's really my last choice.

You can get them in sainsbury's and most Tescos :)

Thank you for the advice! Fingers crossed it goes away soon. Mio thanks but I'm in the US we don't have those stores. But I will check my local market!

Awh no, what a pain! But maybe you can get goat/sheep's milk somewhere?

I know how uncomfortable and even painful it can be, so you have my sympathy x

Oh no! Being lactose intolerant is the worst! For me I had it before surgery but it disappeared as soon as I had my surgery. There is also almond milk. It is so good! Maybe u can try that one to.

I have been using lactaid milk for all my shakes and the only milk I have been having is in pudding or yogurt but it doesn't bother me as bad

Back