• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lactose intolerance?

carberello

has anyone else become lactose intolerant after surgery?

I only use skimmed milk and have for years but I now find anything more than a drop in tea makes me feel ill.

Checking the sugar content revealed it to be 5% and I'm not sure thats a dumping level or not. Any ideas?

Im going to try lactose free for a week or so and see how that goes

I carnt help personally but I've read many posts of peeps post op becoming lactose intolerance hth x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

A lot of people I've talked to have had trouble with milk for the first few months post op, but seem to be ok after that, I hope its just that for you hun I'm pre op so not talking from experience here .... take care xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Thanks both. I'm going to go all yuppy and try lactose free milk.

has anyone else become lactose intolerant after surgery?

I only use skimmed milk and have for years but I now find anything more than a drop in tea makes me feel ill.

Checking the sugar content revealed it to be 5% and I'm not sure thats a dumping level or not. Any ideas?

Im going to try lactose free for a week or so and see how that goes

I found for the first month and a bit milk made me ill and I had pain in my tummy. It thankfully is fine now and I can have 2-3 glasses a day if I wanted (never tried more than that)
I went on to the lactose free but got told off by my team. Also I found it still cause me till not feel 100%
Hopefully in time you will be fine as with many foods you can't manage now x

I found for the first month and a bit milk made me ill and I had pain in my tummy. It thankfully is fine now and I can have 2-3 glasses a day if I wanted (never tried more than that)
I went on to the lactose free but got told off by my team. Also I found it still cause me till not feel 100%
Hopefully in time you will be fine as with many foods you can't manage now x

Thanks WM

Back