• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lap band post op diary

petra1979

I had my lap band 2 days ago

Felt brilliant after it no pain nothing until I got home that night. I had my lap band at Dolan Park. The staff there were fantastic, apart from a particular nurses wasn't very sympathetic. She wanted to discharge me on paracetamol that you normally give an eight-year-old. When I put my foot down and said no I need some tramadol she pulled the face but luckily I managed to take home some tramadol with me. Thank goodness I did otherwise I would be in a lot of trouble.
Day 1 Spent most of the day in bed bit putted about a bit. I developed a low-grade fever but it wasn't anything to worry about. I spent my day drinking tea and clear soup. What I found strange words after the operation I felt really really hungry which I hadn't previously on the milk diet. At night I develop some pain and had to take another tramadol tablet I slept well afterwards.

Welcome to banded life a lot of providers only discharge on paracetamol so it's pretty common. But glad you managed to get something stronger for you :)

It's also common to feel hunger post op but take it easy in recovery, begin moving around when you can as it will help with any wind pain but also getting you moving, taking regular pain relief in the first few days can just be enough to help you dr over and not suffer unnecessarily :)

Welcome to banded life a lot of providers only discharge on paracetamol so it's pretty common. But glad you managed to get something stronger for you :)

It's also common to feel hunger post op but take it easy in recovery, begin moving around when you can as it will help with any wind pain but also getting you moving, taking regular pain relief in the first few days can just be enough to help you dr over and not suffer unnecessarily :)

Thank you so much ! I'm also craving chocolate ? I will not give in, just a bit strange , I haven't craved it in 2 weeks. I think it's a stress response. I'm looking at post op diets , do I just stick to clear fluids or can I have some thicker stuff like yoghurt?

Glad you managed to get the tramadol. I was discharged with both paracetamol and tramadol, but I found taking the paracetamol regularly was enough for me - I was really lucky.

Hope you're back to your normal self soon x

Back