• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Life Insurance after Bypass

Lori1964

Sorry I know this is a bit of a random question but I am a well organised type of person and I know that my current life insurance policy expires within the next 2 years. I was just wondering if anyone who has had a bypass has tried to take out a new life policy and if the bypass has caused them any issues with it?

Also while I am thinking what about travel insurance does the bypass cause a problem with this?

Many thanks in advance xxx

i dont have the answer for u but im very intriuged in wat u have posted, hope sum1 can help u x

ive tried to get life insurance since banding but because i had plastics ops upcoming i was classed as a high risk and they was going to charge me silly prices even though i had lost weight, i may try again in the near future.

I to am intrigued by this post and am going to be looking for life insurance soon cause mines has now expired. Be interesting to see what others have to say:)

Sharon xx

Here we go, we have a major operation to save our lives and this is what happens....... damn.:(

I have never been able to get cheap L/A as I had a cone biopsy (which was clear) when I was 25, I am now 62, think of all those years premiums they have missed...... :rolleyes:

I already had life assurance and rang after my op to tell them, and they said it makes no difference if you already have a policy, cos they go by your health at the time you take your policy out ;)
If you're due for a new one i've no idea though:D:D

I have been in touch with a travel insurance company about getting cover for my holidays and I disclosed that I had had the bypass and also that I was referred by my Doctors for the surgery. That apparently made all the difference, they will not cover it if you weren't. I don't know about life insurance as I haven't had cover for years!

Back