• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

light headed

mandyl

hi
ive noticed that i seem to be getting a bit light headed. im ok until i get up then feel odd for a few secs. could it just be im not eating very much?
thanks xx

Or more likely not enough fluids

hi mandy
it will be yr blood pressure dropping there is no treatment for this other than to be aware and when standing bendinf etc just take yr time and give yr body time to ajust when changing positoion. it does get better in time
carole

i seem to get lightheaded when im cooking or preparing food and like u i have a sit down and feel fine after a few seconds, me personally i know im not getting enough protein so im tryin to do better on that., plus i know i need to eat more, it could be cause were not eating enough xx

thanks carole thats great. xx
have a nice christmas

thanks guys.x

Ive seen both my doc and my surgeon about this and they both have said its lack of fluids. When your not drinking enough your body looses potassium and thats the dizzy feeling. I notice at least 1 day a week when I have not drunk enough that if I make a conscious effort to drink more its gone by the next day! X

thanks salski.
try to drink as much as i can find it hard to juggle it and can only take tiny sips at a time. xx

Perhaps also it could be low blood sugar. Follow the diet your hospital advised and of course sufficient fluids too. Hang in there Mandy - I don't post often, but you have a lot of support and friends on here.

Perhaps also it could be low blood sugar. Follow the diet your hospital advised and of course sufficient fluids too. Hang in there Mandy - I don't post often, but you have a lot of support and friends on here.

No low blood sugar is hypoglycemia, and the symptoms are shaking, lighthhead and an overwhelming deisre to eat sugary foods, which is the complete opposite to dumping syndrome, and has nothing to do with blood pressure.
I concour with Carole, lack of fluids will cause low blood pressure and at resting this is when its most notable, there is no fix for this other than increasing your fluid levels, though the light headed sensation will decrease as your body adjusts to the lose of body fat.

thanks all
finding it easier to drink now and does seem to be easing xx

my tip is to buy bottled water such as buxton or evian it is easier to measure your fluid intake when you do this just make sure no one drinks out of your bottle i try to do 2 0.75cl bottles a day it really helps

Back