• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Light headed

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Hi all
Can anyone think wat this could b everytime I stand up I go light headed almost to the point of falling over only lasts a few seconds then I'm fine but it's everytime I get up, it's been happening on and off for a few months but the last wk iv had a terrible headache and feel sick :-( also been feeling very tired, I'm almost 1 yr post op anyone else get this? Do u think I should go my drs?? If I can get am appointment t our gp is like book in 2 wks advance lol serious, thanks in advance xxx

U must go to you doctors or the local NHS walk in clinic. I'm not a doctor but it could be several things such as low blood pressure, low blood sugar, dehydration. Please please see the doctor.

Could be postural hypertension Laura. BP goes down ( I thinki) when you stand up and the world goes black for a second or two. I get that every time I stand, it's worse if I've been crouching or kneeling but haven't been to GP. It's worse if I haven't kept on top of my fluids. I've not been to GP but have rewad some people have it badly and actually pass out. It's worth getting it checked out if it bothers you as it could be something totally different.
Take care xx

Thanks both, it's been more since Friday I went out had a few glasses of wine felt fine have drunk b4 on my way home had horrible stomach cramps got in the house and had severe diahreoa since then iv felt this head ache and felt sick and I carnt shift it, my headache appears wen iv had a dizzy spell wen uv stood up :-( iv been having it for a while but more since Friday! X

Sorry-I missed the bit about the headache and feeling sick. it's probably nothing to worry about but if you've taken painkillers and had no relief I'd say it's time to get some proper advice. A& E if you can bear it but if not a call right now to NHS direct for advice at least please hun. And let us know how you get on. Don't be worrying that it's just a headache-better safe than sorry

EmmaLouise81 said:
I get light headed when I need my B12 shot....hope you get to the bottom of it soon!

Iv never had one :-/ I felt awful last night ended up being sick 3x but was just saliva which was uncontrolably running from my mouth and a burp nothing else was coming up everytime I thought of a drink it made me heave, I almost felt very hungover, was gonna go the hospital but just rode it out till this morning where I'm gonna get in at my g.p's I think feel pretty much the same this morning :-(

Get it checked out don't wait too long and why have you not had vit b injections i wonder if just your doc doesn't beleive in them all areas are different with medical advice. xx letb us know how you get on xx

chrisa said:
Get it checked out don't wait too long and why have you not had vit b injections i wonder if just your doc doesn't beleive in them all areas are different with medical advice. xx letb us know how you get on xx

Will do, carnt manage anything to eat/ drink this morning either :-( dr said iv never needed b12? X

Good luck & let us know how you get on. X

Bellydancer57 said:
Good luck & let us know how you get on. X

Inner ear infection he thinks also said I'm dehydrated and need to drink more my blood pressure was ok then wen I stood up it was lower but still ok, iv been given anti sickness tablets and also ear drops and told to drink plenty x

Laura b said:
Inner ear infection he thinks also said I'm dehydrated and need to drink more my blood pressure was ok then wen I stood up it was lower but still ok, iv been given anti sickness tablets and also ear drops and told to drink plenty x

Hope you will be ok Laura xxx

At least you have peace of mind & meds. Get well soon. X

OMG just have same symptoms this evening. Very light headed, dizzy & feel sick. Bad headache too. Not been very good with my fluid intake today & have a little urine infection.
Went to dr earlier & have antibiotics but feeling like cr@p right now.

Bellydancer57 said:
OMG just have same symptoms this evening. Very light headed, dizzy & feel sick. Bad headache too. Not been very good with my fluid intake today & have a little urine infection.
Went to dr earlier & have antibiotics but feeling like cr@p right now.

Hope u feel better soon, and thanks everyone for ur messages xxx

Thx feeling a bit better when woke up this morning but as soo as I took this new antibiotic felt unwell. Will monitor coz of my allergies.

Back