• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Little White Lie or Big Fat Whopper!!

Shopgirl1301

I have now raised the money for my op with Cosmetic Bliss and will be sorting out a date for my op over the next day or two, fantastic news, but I'm now wondering - what do I tell people.

Hubby doesn't want to tell anyone, not sure why at the moment, I think he thinks it won't work as I've never been able to stick to anything before!!

I've only told my sister, my best friend and one footballing mum, who will be quiet about it and that is all, I was going to keep it a secret and that will be that.

My problem is we know alot of people through our kids football/cricket/school etc and I know once I start loosing weight people will ask how I'm doing it, I can't see it being a secret as my hubby is absolutely useless at lying and will end up telling a few of his football mates, whom will tell their wives etc etc etc, now if I start telling people another story it is going to be embarrassing to say the least. Should I just be upfront from the start, you would think so, but I feel SO EMBARASSED, embarassed that I have to go down this route, when loads of friends have lost via WW and SW etc, even last night at football a friend was mentioning how she had lost 2.5 stones on SW and everyone was like Oh Wow, that's terrific, I'm worried when I say, oh lost by surgery they will think less of me, my self-esteem is low enough as it is on the inside, I am going to be worrying what people think all of the time.

Well sorry for going on, just wanted to put it down on paper so to speak to clear my head and make a decision.

Thanks for reading such a long-winded post
Wendyx

Really you aren't obliged to tell anyone if you don't want to bar your hubby and kids I guess (if they are old enough to understand)
You wouldn't announce to the world if it was a gyno op etc would you?
I think don't tell if you don't want to, as it could put pressure on you and people will be asking how much you lost etc and have unrealistic ideas on how fast it will go.
You will lose at the rate right for you and your body and you don't want people judging your progress in a negative way.
If people notice your weight loss, then you can choose to say how , but only if you are comfortable with it.
The more people know, the more likely one or two might react negatively and wether you want to deal with that is up to you entirely.

Do what YOU want to do because you are the one who has to live with it xxx Doesn't really matter what each of us did about telling people because we all did what suited us personally. There's no right or wrong way on this one and it is not more noble to announce it to all if you don't want to x

hiya
Ofcourse the decision is absolutely yours but ill tell you about my experience.
I decided to only tell very close friends and family and not the school mums in the playground.
When i started losing weight they all started to notice and were asking me how ive done it, i just said that i cut out carbs and had smaller portions ( white lie ?? ) .
But, the more weight i lose, the more comments i get and the more i have to stand there and lie lie lie, its getting really embarrasing now with people being 'inspired' by me doing it 'on my own' (lol) and to be honest i really wish id just come clean in the first place as now im worried that they may find out anyway and then im going to look like such a liar and it does make me a bit paranoid :S
I too felt like a bit of a failure before that i had to have this op and was embarrased and thats why i lied but i dont feel ashamed at all now and quite frankly wouldnt care if they all knew now, but its too late now !! and ive got to carry on lieing :S
My advice would be to come clean but only because of how i feel now lieing all the time.
You'll do whats best for you personally hun and the very best of luck with your decision :d xxx

Thanks everyone, Deeby that is exactly how I'm feeling, if I start lying now, I'll have to continue with it and maybe put myself in a difficult position.

I've decided that I won't tell anyone I am going to have the op and when/if people comment afterwards I will tell the truth and let them say what they want - I'm sure I will soon find out who my true friends are!!

Back