• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BMI between 30 & 35 ?

DillyPops

Hi people,
I wondered if there are many others like my self who have a BMI below the usual funded range.
Can anyone tell me what the weightloss will be like? My Op is scheduled 13/01/2014 and I'm going private.

I originally booked it in secret, because I was embarrassed but eventually told my mum. She told me she would come with me to support me which made me feel so much better. The only problem is that I was worried about telling my other half. For the last 2 weeks I've kept it secret with the plan to simply tell him I'm going on a holiday with my mum for a few days.
I read some posts from others within one of the threads in the group where a blogger said "I can't believe you wouldn't dare tell your friends or family, what judgemental people you associate with."
That comment really struck home and I realised that I shouldn't make a judgement on my other half's reaction.
Anyway, after a long think I told him tonight and he's been the most supportive, encouraging and loving person ever.

It's not only a surgical procedure, its a massive emotional journey and I'm really glad that I had to courage to tell those close to me. (But that's it! I won't be broadcasting it, much like I wouldn't broadcast a hernia op ha ha!)

Anyway, feel free to talk to me if you are going through any similar challenges.
Have a lovely day all.

Hi, I had a sleeve on the 26th August with a bmi of 31. I was 12st 12lbs at the start of August, after my pre op diet I was 11st 9lb on the day of surgery. I am 3 months post op and I am 9st 3lbs.
Glad you told your partner, good luck with your journey !

Hi, I had a sleeve on the 26th August with a bmi of 31. I was 12st 12lbs at the start of August, after my pre op diet I was 11st 9lb on the day of surgery. I am 3 months post op and I am 9st 3lbs.
Glad you told your partner, good luck with your journey !

I can not believe how much you have lost so quickly congratulations! I am going on holiday in June and was hoping i would make a difference by then. Current weight it about 14 and half stone....your loss is encouraging as i will be over the moon if I can get under 12 by then! Thanks for your reply :)

Hey Dollypops. Karina is a little star with her weight loss :worthy: I can't even get close. :-(

I had my sleeve privately and on the day of the op (I had no pre-op diet) I weighed 14st 5lbs (I'm 5' 6'') and I think my bmi was 32.9. My op was on 21st sept and as of last Saturday I've lost 2 stone making me 12st 5 and a bmi of 27.9. I'm losing about 1.5lbs per week.

My husband and eldest child know along with 3 close friends. I haven't told any of my siblings but my parents probably know, but they're not on this earth anymore so my secret is safe! Lol. Sorry. In all seriousness, if they were alive I wouldn't have told them - we didn't have that kind of relationship.

You do need people to talk to when you're going through this, so really glad you were able to share with your partner.

Good luck with everything.

Hey Dollypops. Karina is a little star with her weight loss :worthy: I can't even get close. :-(

I had my sleeve privately and on the day of the op (I had no pre-op diet) I weighed 14st 5lbs (I'm 5' 6'') and I think my bmi was 32.9. My op was on 21st sept and as of last Saturday I've lost 2 stone making me 12st 5 and a bmi of 27.9. I'm losing about 1.5lbs per week.

My husband and eldest child know along with 3 close friends. I haven't told any of my siblings but my parents probably know, but they're not on this earth anymore so my secret is safe! Lol. Sorry. In all seriousness, if they were alive I wouldn't have told them - we didn't have that kind of relationship.

You do need people to talk to when you're going through this, so really glad you were able to share with your partner.

Hi Bear,
2 stone is fab well done! It sounds like its slowly but surely for you which must have been frustrating to start with. I dont have a pre op diet either. I think the pre op diet knocks a good few lbs off which can give the initial buzz? They told me not to gain or lose before the op but if I am anything like you, 2and half month down the line, I will be happy!
I am a bag of mixed emotions. I think I am an emotional eater where does that leave me ha ha!
Don't worry about the jokes, I have a dark humour! (Erm but not like dark weirdo haha)

I will have a healthy bikini body I will have energy, i will run the Great North Run, PMA and all of that ...

My daughter said to me yesterday 'when you get to your target, will you wear a bikini?'! Oh my lord - me in a bikini with saggy skin and aged 43.......I think not! I told her the most I can promise is a Tankini.

My losses are slow but thankfully they seem to be consistent so I won't beat myself up. I had set a target to myself for being where I want to be by the Spring. My wedding anniversary in April would be nice.
But, I can feel my body changing every week and each week I seem to be able to get back into some of my old nice clothes. I'm am really happy. x

I'm telling very few people. A few of my closest friends and family. The only people I really don't want to know are my Grandparents as one lot will be desperately concerned and the other pair will have a billion opinions on it (ones I'd probably rather not hear). I was surprised how supportive people have been. My partner hates the idea of me having any type of surgery but he understands how important it is to me.

I think it's up to each individual who you tell and who you don't. Relationships are complicated and only you know who you feel comfortable sharing this with. I suffer with an illness that has a lot of stigma attached, and similarly to my op- I only trust certain people with the information. Sadly a lot of people are very judgemental about these sorts of things!

:)

I told everyone who had ears, after 20 Years on a diet I though bugger this! I am 3 days post lap band and was 13st 7lbs the morning of op. spent my whole life overweight and struggling. I am not at all ashamed and as a health professional myself I was disgusted by the reactions of some. I honestly think if I had said I was going on a methadone programme people would have been more understanding. The worst comment was ' do you not feel like your cheating' cheating who I asked.
Be proud of the fact you have taken this huge step to address your illness and don't feel like doing so is anything but positive
Good luck to you all

Hi my bmi Is 33.4
Im 5.2 and have heath probs.
I want a sleeve private funding having greay difficulty .where did you geg yours done

What procedure did you have done ?
Thank you for replying.

Where did uou get your sleeve done?
Did you have any medicalnl issues?
Thank you

This is a really old thread, almost two years!

@secret I would suggest you start a new thread, in the before you begin your journey section, with all of your questions, then hopefully people will come along and help you out.

Hi my bmi Is 33.4
Im 5.2 and have heath probs.
I want a sleeve private funding having greay difficulty .where did you geg yours done

I am new here too. I am having a gastric sleeve on 20/12/16 at the Claremont Hospital in Sheffield. My surgeon. Is Roger Ackroyd. My bmi is 33.5, I am also 5'2.

Mine is 33.8 and I'm having a sleeve in 9 days. I have also only told one person. For me it is a private thing.

Mine is 33.8 and I'm having a sleeve in 9 days. I have also only told one person. For me it is a private thing.
I thought long and hard about telling others, in the end I've decided to tell everyone. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed, my body, my health, my money and my business! And I don't want to be in a position where I'm telling lies once the weight starts to come off. If people have negative things to say, stuff em.... you only get one life and I'm doing what's best for me

9 days... omg, how're you feeling? Which pre op diet are you doing & how you getting on with it... I'm going to India at the end of November for 2 weeks so trying not to think too much about the surgery until we get back... I have a week between think then I'll start to panic!!!! Lol x

Well in terms of pre op diet, I was told that I didn't need to do anything specific other than cutting back on sugary and fatty foods. I have however gone on to the milk diet, and not really having any issues with it, it's a good thing that I like milk.

I'm also on omeprazole for the 3 weeks running up to the date, which is frankly great to be honest. I used to get acid reflux, but mostly due to the weight, and also eating too late at night. Since starting this stuff, nothing at all, hopefully I won't have to be on it long term as I am aware there are long term issues that can come from using it.

I'm also on a selection of vitamins, including centrum a-z, magnesium citrate, joint care, and berocca to get into the habit, and this time of year vitamin C is always useful anyway.

I've not really given it much thought yet, I think when I get out there it will hit home a little bit. I have been planning everything before so am pretty well prepped, I will pack everything next weekend, then on Monday off I go. It's good that you have someone to take with you, the company and support will be useful I think. I'm going on my own, but I'm well stocked with netflix, books, and dvds so I will be just fine.

Good luck :)

I thought long and hard about telling others, in the end I've decided to tell everyone. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed, my body, my health, my money and my business! And I don't want to be in a position where I'm telling lies once the weight starts to come off. If people have negative things to say, stuff em.... you only get one life and I'm doing what's best for me

9 days... omg, how're you feeling? Which pre op diet are you doing & how you getting on with it... I'm going to India at the end of November for 2 weeks so trying not to think too much about the surgery until we get back... I have a week between think then I'll start to panic!!!! Lol x

Good on you.
I also told lots of people and couldn't have got through it without their support. I have nothing to be ashamed of and I think, like discussing mental health issues, the more it is talked about, the more people understand the issues and are less judgemental. It was surprising when I did how many people had a friend of relative who had had it done. I only had one slightly negative comment 18 months ago, everyone else has been great.

Well in terms of pre op diet, I was told that I didn't need to do anything specific other than cutting back on sugary and fatty foods. I have however gone on to the milk diet, and not really having any issues with it, it's a good thing that I like milk.

I'm also on omeprazole for the 3 weeks running up to the date, which is frankly great to be honest. I used to get acid reflux, but mostly due to the weight, and also eating too late at night. Since starting this stuff, nothing at all, hopefully I won't have to be on it long term as I am aware there are long term issues that can come from using it.

I'm also on a selection of vitamins, including centrum a-z, magnesium citrate, joint care, and berocca to get into the habit, and this time of year vitamin C is always useful anyway.

I've not really given it much thought yet, I think when I get out there it will hit home a little bit. I have been planning everything before so am pretty well prepped, I will pack everything next weekend, then on Monday off I go. It's good that you have someone to take with you, the company and support will be useful I think. I'm going on my own, but I'm well stocked with netflix, books, and dvds so I will be just fine.

Good luck :)
Hi Nixon wishing you good luck for next Tuesday, I will be having my op the following week at the Surgal clinic, i'm also going on my own and like you am pretty much organised, though must remember to print boarding passes! How many days after op are you flying home?

Hi Dolly,

I am flying back one week later. So I fly out this Monday, and come back the following Monday. I've just been reading through the itinerary and noticed that I need to pay with cash. So will zip out to a bank tomorrow morning or Monday morning to draw it out. I did consider taking the amount in CZK, but due to my lack of time I will take GBP instead which I believe they will take. I must have got confused with the hotel booking form that says it accepts debit cards. :S

It's not really sunk in yet, I imagine it will hit Monday night, or Tuesday morning. I also plan on going back to work 2 weeks after the op, assuming I am able to.

Good luck for your date too. I will probably make a new thread with my experiences on when I get back.

Back