• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to tell friends..?

....Like you the one friend I thought i had, has completely turned on me, if you read my thread you will see how... and also how this has affected me....

Sorry but can you post a link to this thread so I can have a read if you don't mnd? I guess I am still at the "I don't get it" stage & be interesting to see another experience perhaps.

Just to add, a similar thing happened to me too :( my best (and pretty much only) friend of over 15 years just stopped contacting me a week after she had her first baby back in February (I had my funding confirmed in January and told her then for the first time). I don't know if it was related to the surgery or not. It hurt like hell and it still does. And I'm going to stop there before i a) can't stop and b) start crying lol.

My experience - i decided from the outset that i was doing this for me and no one else, so i told no one and therefore took advise from no one, except immidiate family, my work situation is slightly different as i work as a contractor, therefore i'm only working for an individual company for 6 or 7 months at a time, and because of my situation i dont tend to make close friends with the perm people i work with, therefore not telling them was easy.

weight lose, if anyone notices or can be bothered to coment, then just say you've been on a diet, and if they say which then just say a low fat one, i'm sure you know enough about dieting to be able to blag something :D

Peoples feelings about this kind of procedure can be mixed, those you think will understand might not and people who dont like you will use it as a tool to beat you with, you are doing nothing wrong and your in no way cheating.

Just to add, a similar thing happened to me too :( my best (and pretty much only) friend of over 15 years just stopped contacting me a week after she had her first baby back in February (I had my funding confirmed in January and told her then for the first time). I don't know if it was related to the surgery or not. It hurt like hell and it still does. And I'm going to stop there before i a) can't stop and b) start crying lol.
Shel sorry to hear your mate has let you down. It's crap when people who you think care about you don't seem to support your decisions. I have gone through something very similar with my mum and she hasn't commented on my weight loss only that i look less bloated!!! To be honest i don't speak to my friends about my surgery but seem to be able to pour my heart out with people on here. We're here for you hun xx

Thanks veryone for sharing.

Shel, i'm really sorry to hear that happened with your 'friend'....that must really hurt.

I've decided to be open about it. I have nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about, and i realised they were the reasons i was keeping it a secret.

Thanks again.

Glad we hlped you Wobbles... No you have nothing to be ashamed or embarrased about..... You should be proud you are doing something to change your life and lifestyle well done!!!xxxxxxxx

I've also started to wonder what to tell people. I told my best friend, only a few days before the op though because she doesnt agree with this kind of weight loss! She is "happy the way she is" So i found it quite difficult to tell her. Once I did though she was Sooooo supportive!

I haven't told anyone in work, not really sure what to say actually. Nobody really asked why I was having an operation so I wasn't faced with lying. I think that when the weight comes off though people will ask. I think that I wont openly volunteer the info but if they ask how I've lost so much then I will need to tell the truth! I'm crap at lying and I would feel too guilty.

Vicki x

Back