• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long termers-and restriction on foods

Weighed myself today and seem to have put two pounds on BUT- my clothes are looser than ever and my boobs even smaller.
I think the feeling I'm getting is some sort of dumping. But it's with everything- no worse with chocolate than it is with vegatables?
How about you?
xx

I can dump on greasy/sugary things,and get dumping symptoms when I've had a few teaspoons of food and feel just too full.
Even healthier foods if I eat too much I can get the dumping symptoms.
I cannot figure it out,I thought I was on my own with this one.
It's becoming frustrating as I eat very little and still need to lose 2 stones.

I should still be losing weight as I never eat more than 1400 calories. Usually I eat under 1200. I have been the same weight now since about Christmas. It really seems that my body has decided that this is the right weight for me. I did want to lose another stone but think I'm okay as I am. I just have this thing that women should weigh under 11 stone lol !
i'm never going to be small. I'm 5ft 10 ! I mostly wear size 12's now, have a couple of 14's and some size 10's. I used to think size 12 was tiny, but I often still feel like I'm very fat. I know I can't be, but I feel it.
I love my new life but OMG am I confused by it all !!??
xx

I think our bodies shrink faster than our minds register. So no matter how fast, slow, much or little restriction we have it takes us a long time to accept our new sizes & weights. In a society dominated by weight & body image we have a challenge with in our selves to accept ourselves. Add to that the inevitable loose skin we will be left with, shrunken deflated boobs etc some of that final weight we try to lose is in that skin. We have to battle ourselves, our minds our self image & expectations to accept we have done exceptionally well to get to the new healthier weight we have. We need to take time to accept the changes in ourselves & not let the social pressure around us defeat or spoil our successes.
I am not saying any of you are developing a problem with food but I think our minds convince us we are to full, can't eat certain things etc in its battle to accept our new lifestyle & over compensates. As long as we are getting our optimum protein intake with a sensible mix of other food groups into our eating regime we are doing ok. We need to focus on our intake & take care to eat healthily we need to learn to relax with food let the good habits become natural & normal. It is far to easy for any of us to switch one habit with another , one obsession with another. We need as I say to learn good habits & practice them until they overcome the old bad ones. Its far from easy I'm still fighting my personal demons & lose far to often for my liking dumping reminds me I'm slipping but sometimes it fails me as a self control warning & I get scared as if I can eat x or y & not dump I have to try to avoid that food more than ever. Its an on going physcological battle with those demons.
Good luck ladies I may be speaking out of turn & if I have offended you in anyway I apologise. I can only speak for myself & my personal battles, I wish you well with your personal challenges. For the last 7-8mths I've yo-yoed with a good stone to lose to hit the top end of a healthy weight once signed off by my team it was as if no one cared anymore & the old demons won, I'm still fighting myself & those demons. I'd like to get there excess skin or not so I can hit that healthy weight rather than still be on the overweight side of the line. If I don't I need to accept that potentially I am on the healthy side if the line the excess skin is what keeps me on the wrong side of the line. Its all in our heads we need to accept things & give ourselves a break.

I wish I had still the same restriction as before.

At the moment I can pretty much eat normal portions. For example, a medium sized chicken fillet and a big side salad.

8 - 10 maki sushi (I remember when 3 made me throw up)...

Or, a bowl of soup.

A medium sized bowl of pasta/rice.

The only thing I can't have is sweets (anything with sugar) - THANK GOD for that! Dumping syndrome saves me .

So now, to maintain or, even loose weight I have to work really hard. Bypass helped me to kick start my weight loss and my healthy life, but, from now on it is just me.

Back