• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Looks like no loss week 3 :(

triedeverything

Damn all had been going quite well but approaching my 3rd week post op tomorrow and I am stuck not lost anything so far this week gutted :(

This is very normal. Try not to weigh every day as you will drive yourself bananas.

Hi triedeverything my wife is 9 months post op and is having the same trouble, just been weighed today 5lb pound lose. All I will say go back over what your dietitian told you to do I know my wife's problem is eating breakfast with in 30 minutes of waking up. Do you measure yourself? Very possible inches will be lost instead of weight.

This is the bit where you have to focus on not measuring your journey against others. So easy to read the 'I lost 5 stone in 3 days' stories (ok, I exaggerate slightly!) and feel it isn't working for you. Your body has just undergone a major trauma, your insides may be swollen and still trying to work out what the heck has happened. Just heal, follow your providers advice and it will happen. It isn't the speed at getting it off, it's the keeping it off that matters. Your life and this journey isn't a race to the finishing line. Trust that it will kick in and happen for you, 3 weeks isn't that long - if it is the same story in 3 months then you should worry. It won't be x

Hi tried everything, I didn't lose on weeks 2 and 3 either. Am 5 weeks post op now and its coming off again. Hang on in there xxxx

Hi this happened to me too. It will come off. It has to!
I have stalls now but then in a day I can loose over 2lb.

thanks for the support everyone.. I'll do my weekly weigh in tomorrow and see what the final answer is.. if it doesn't come off this week, it does have to come off at some point doesn't it.. I've eaten under 700 cals every day all week, this must bring results in the end! Patience :)

thanks for the support everyone.. I'll do my weekly weigh in tomorrow and see what the final answer is.. if it doesn't come off this week, it does have to come off at some point doesn't it.. I've eaten under 700 cals every day all week, this must bring results in the end! Patience :)

Listen to what others above are saying to you as they are right. I was only in taking 400cals a day tops for the first 6 weeks of having my balloon inserted and for a solid three of those weeks my scales never moved a bit. Yes it is frustrating and you are not alone & you are not doing anything wrong its just how our bodies react to the sudden change we have imposed on it... It's in survival mode. It will shift those excess lbs soon enough when it realises this is its new regime. And be prepared as these stalls do happen throughout the journey. As long as you stick to your plan laid out by the dietician you will lose ;). Good luck hun xx

Back