• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loose tooth

rudders

Hi all

Bit embarrassing but due to a SEVERE phobia of the dentist I have a slightly loose front tooth.
Has anyone else had surgery with a loose tooth, Will this stop my surgery and can they use a kind of guard? Bypass is a week away so I'm fretting a bit about it :0(
Thanks

It can cause a problem with anaesthetic due to the tubes. Go and see a dentist!!

I've just had a look around the Internet. General advice is to see a dentist but if you have a phobia about them that may not be possible.

How about calling your team on Monday and having a chat about it. They need to be told about it anyway and if could be they have a contingency plan. I've read some stories of places that tie thread round loose teeth and stick the thread to the patients cheek so if it is dislodged it doesn't fall into the airway x

I had surgery with a temporary crown (which is considered "loose") on. They just wanted to know about it so they could keep an eye on it to make sure it was there throughout and after surgery. Talk to your team before you work yourself up into a tizz about the dentist (I do it too, also due to a very unfortunate experience)...used to have to take a chill pil but now just grip the chair, go white, have to be reminded to breathe and feel sick......progress! lol. Good luck on all fronts.

reply i have a baby tooth still at the front top. i told them about it when they asked. its still the same now after operation 4 weeks ago. its only slightly loose but i can rock it with my finger. i am terrified of loosing it and scared of dentist. the dentist said they can make a mould of it. take it out put mould in and then get a new tooth put in or something like that but im still too scared. but make sure you mention it and they are careful during operation x

Back