• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Losing faith in my surgeon - should I get a new one?

Just posted in your diary as well hun, but just letting you know I have fingers, arms, legs, toes and eyes crossed for you. It'll be here before you know it chick xx

Fingers and toes crossed for you - I'm sure it will all go well. I'm a medical rep and I've seen loads of Nissens performed and its quite a simple op with very few complications. They will probably keep you in for 7 days just to be on the safe side as in the UK it is often performed as a day-case, even at DGHs. Hey - get your money's worth and enjoy being looked after!!

Good luck - and your Dad will be looking over you x

Carol x

Fingers and toes crossed for you - I'm sure it will all go well. I'm a medical rep and I've seen loads of Nissens performed and its quite a simple op with very few complications. They will probably keep you in for 7 days just to be on the safe side as in the UK it is often performed as a day-case, even at DGHs. Hey - get your money's worth and enjoy being looked after!!

Good luck - and your Dad will be looking over you x

Carol x

Thanks. They do seem very thorough. I think they want to be sure all is well before they send you away.

They test for MRSA prior to the op and if you have it, then you're automatically in an isolation ward and given antibiotics. I guess that's why their infection rates are so low.

What's a DGH?

Glad they are so strict - sure you will be absolutely fine

DGH -district general hospital, as opposed to a big teaching or university hospital.

Have a safe trip

Carol x

The very best of luck to you IB.

Just to say thank you to all who posted here. I thought you might like to know that I did go ahead and have the surgery in Belgium. It was fantastic, great hospitals, very clean, good care and most importantly it was 100% successful and I feel great now. I have no symptoms at all now and haven't taken a single tablet since the op so I'm cured!

Thank you all for your support.

x

THATS GREAT WELL DONE X X X X

Hey Island breeze it's nice to hear from you, I was thinking about you the other day as I have similar digestive issues. Glad it all went well for you it must be such a relief.

Can I ask, before the op what meds were you on? I ask because I was originally given lanzaprazole, wasnt strong enough, was then put onto omeprazole, still not working and then for the past 3 or 4 yrs Esomaprazole first 20mg a day then 40mg a day. These were the most effective, However, the other day I received a call to go see my gp re meds.

I went in and was told that recent research in Europe had shown that the esomaprazole class of drugs prevent my blood thinner clopidogrel from working properly and they needed to change my digestive med ASAP.

They have put me on to 300mg of ranitidine 2 tabs am 2 tabs pm..........I keep being sick, have started getting the severe acid again, cant keep anything down and my kidney stone has flared again. Feeling absolute lobbux to be honest.

Also did you suffer with digestive spasms and shutdown middle of the night? I get it regularly and have to take glyceril trinitrate to relax the intestines to let food pass.

Have an appointment on 24th with my gp if I can wait that long.

Sorry to hijack your thread and you good news but I don't really know anymone who has the same problem.

I am awaiting a hastric bypass and gall bladder removal I am hoping these will help with the errosion etc.

Take care Xx Phoebe

news_17083.gif

Just to say thank you to all who posted here. I thought you might like to know that I did go ahead and have the surgery in Belgium. It was fantastic, great hospitals, very clean, good care and most importantly it was 100% successful and I feel great now. I have no symptoms at all now and haven't taken a single tablet since the op so I'm cured!

Thank you all for your support.

x

That's brilliant news. x

Hey Island breeze it's nice to hear from you, I was thinking about you the other day as I have similar digestive issues. Glad it all went well for you it must be such a relief.

Can I ask, before the op what meds were you on? I ask because I was originally given lanzaprazole, wasnt strong enough, was then put onto omeprazole, still not working and then for the past 3 or 4 yrs Esomaprazole first 20mg a day then 40mg a day. These were the most effective, However, the other day I received a call to go see my gp re meds.

I went in and was told that recent research in Europe had shown that the esomaprazole class of drugs prevent my blood thinner clopidogrel from working properly and they needed to change my digestive med ASAP.

They have put me on to 300mg of ranitidine 2 tabs am 2 tabs pm..........I keep being sick, have started getting the severe acid again, cant keep anything down and my kidney stone has flared again. Feeling absolute lobbux to be honest.

Also did you suffer with digestive spasms and shutdown middle of the night? I get it regularly and have to take glyceril trinitrate to relax the intestines to let food pass.

Have an appointment on 24th with my gp if I can wait that long.

Sorry to hijack your thread and you good news but I don't really know anymone who has the same problem.

I am awaiting a hastric bypass and gall bladder removal I am hoping these will help with the errosion etc.

Take care Xx Phoebe

Hi Phoebe
Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time with it. I'm manic this morning but will PM you later and we can have a chat.
x

Thanks for that Island :)

I've just spent the whole bloody night awake in agony, having to sit bang upright with a hot water bottle on my tum and food rising into my throat. Had forgotten how bad it used to be :(Xx

Back