• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

losing my hair ......URGENT ADVICE PLEASE ? :-0

Clare*

:wave_cry:

Hello folks ...

Well , the thing i dreaded the most is happening ... i am losing LOTS of hair !It started two weeks ago, but is now galloping fast. i have a protein rich diet, and i thought i had escaped this but alas ... no.

My hair is falling out when i brush it , and when i wash it ,its like a large mouse trying to escape down the plughole!

Has anyone had the same issue and taken a supplement ?I am thinking of a skin,hair,nails formula? as my nails are so weak now too (i always have long nails, but ive had to cut them right down as they were so bendy with ridges in them) I have looked for protein shakes, but they all seem very calorific! any ideas folks?

I know that in the grand scheme scheme of things it is a VERY small price to pay ..and i wouldn't change it for the world.

I am taking my forceval. I am 10 weeks post op. I have my second follow up on oct 13th.

Thank you for reading this ...
Much love
Clare xxx

Mine is falling out too but I'm lucky in that I have a lot of thick hair so I am actually pleased that its thinning a bit. My nails are fine and growing really long! I just dont get it but not complaining. Sorry I cant offer any advice as everything I have read says it cant be avoided. Hope it doesnt last long x

I haven taken extra zinc from day 1, my nails are lovely but my hair is still falling out so I don't think you can stop it, just have to wait until it grows back, don't worry about it cos you might make it worse, I was thinking that if mine got really bad I would wear a wig until it grows back but it has been falling out for about 2 months now and it still looks ok just thinner, hope this helps, Karen x

Your nails will be long and lovely if you take your calcium.Your hair will continue to come out for a while,dont fret you wont go bald and it does stop after a few months.Mine started falling out at about 3months and continued till about 6 months.Starting to thicken again now at 7 months.Just eat good food and keep taking Forceval.Nothing you take will make much difference.Maz x

Your nails will be long and lovely if you take your calcium.Your hair will continue to come out for a while,dont fret you wont go bald and it does stop after a few months.Mine started falling out at about 3months and continued till about 6 months.Starting to thicken again now at 7 months.Just eat good food and keep taking Forceval.Nothing you take will make much difference.Maz x

The time scale Maz is quoting is just like after having a baby ... hair loss & general loss of condition is very, very common post natal at 3 to 6 months & is probably for the same reason ... hormones. Your body has had a real shock but will recover. You can do more harm than good by taking supplements in addition to the ones given by your doctor (so my doctor says) & as it happens to so many on here & is a recognised after effect, don't worry ... look to the future when you are slim with beautiful hair & nails. xxx :):)

Hi All , Thank you so much for your responses, I hope it slows down soon. Maz Brad , I am 1 1/2 lb from losing my fourth stone ! Im so pleased , I had my gastric bypass to lose weight to have my spine operated on to improve my quality of life , One more stone to go , and i can be referred to my surgeon .. its been one hell of a struggle ... but i can almost see the pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.

Blessings xx

Mine started to fall out about 2 weeks ago so I have started selenium and zinc as advised by my bariatric team. I bought them from Holland and Barrett but I will get them on prescription when I can eventually get in to see my GP :rolleyes:

Only been taking them for 5 days so nothing much has happened yet but I will keep taking them an d see how I go on.

Hey! I am afraid I think the hair loss is inevitable and there is not a lot we can do about it - but as you said it definitely is a small price to pay :)

I cut mine short when it started getting really thin - luckily short hair is very in at the moment - and I have never looked back - if anything it helps show of my ever thinning face :)

Good luck with your future weight loss and spine op xxx

i take zinc, selenium and biotin...... mine started from day one.... litterally. i have noticed a slight improvement only been on then 2 weeks but willing to try awt!!!

I started losing my hair about 2 months after surgery, and it's still falling out. I seem to lose a lot when I wash and condition my hair. I can feel my hair's thinner. Hope it stops soon!

I lost quite a lot of hair between months 3 and 6 then it stopped. Pretty much in sync with the rapid weight loss as i am now losing weight veeeery slowly only but I also don't lose hair anymore.

Back