• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Low fat/low cal pre-op diet

Mio

I'm due to start my pre-op diet on Weds and spent Sunday afternooon working out my meal plans. I'm on one where you have your 5-a-day along with 3 servings of protein, 2 of carbs and 2 of dairy. The protein is something like 100g chicken or a piece of fish, and the carbs are a small baked potato, 3 tablespoons of pasta etc, and I have to do it for four weeks.

Thing is, I've not seen anyone do anything similar - everyone else seems to do a vastly reduced version for a shorter time, and I seem to have an awful lot to eat each day for being on a restrictive diet!

Has anyone else done something similar before? I'm at the Whittington in London if that's of any help... I suppose I'm just worried I won't reduce my liver enough!

I did this diet but only for 10 days and I lost 12lb. I felt like I was eating much more than I had been before I started the LRD. It did work and my liver was small for operation, good luck and you will be fine as long as you stick to it but 4 weeks is a long time.

Awh, thank you! It's great to hear that someone else has done it and, even better lost a fair amount on the diet - well done!
Yeah, when they said four weeks I almost fell off the chair, but once I get into it I'm sure I'll be ok. Start on Wednesday and already planned out my weeks worth of meals - just need to wait til I get paid to do the shopping *lol*

Be interesting to see how much I do lose on it!

Hi there, I think your diet is the one that BOSPA outlines on their website. I guess if you are doing it for 4 weeks it can't be quite as restrictive as the 2-week diets. Enjoy it - what I wouldn't give for a small bite of potato lol:)

what I wouldn't give for a small bite of potato lol:)

The things you start missing when you're on a diet *lol*
I remember having a massive craving for bread on my last diet (slimfast) even though I don't really eat wheat!

I have been doing this diet for 13 weeks the only difference is I'm only allowed 4oz protein per day. So far I have lost 4st 8lb. The first couple of days are really hard as your body gets used to it, but it does get easier xx

I have been doing this diet for 13 weeks the only difference is I'm only allowed 4oz protein per day. So far I have lost 4st 8lb. The first couple of days are really hard as your body gets used to it, but it does get easier xx

Wow - what an inspiration! Go you :-D I'm lucky that I start on Weds so get a weekend to recover but thank you for replying, given me a big boost. Luckily I'm doing half of it already, just need to get my evening meals into shape and then I'll be all systems go *lol*

Thanks again :)

Back